Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Saturday, November 19, 2005

A new begining

Blogs, what an interesting thing. I am a late comer to this and IM and much more I am afraid. Not that I am not computer savvy but I guess I am just behind the times. I have been earning a living with computer for going on 30 years. Trying to keep up with the latest but somehow I have let this just slip me by. So time to jump in and see what happens.

It has been wild seeing all that people are willing to share. Will that be me too? Will anyone even care? I think I will kind of treat this as my own little journal for me. If nothing else, maybe I can keep myself amused.

This past week I had my first full and fun experience with IM outside of what we use at work. It went much smoother than the first experience. When I lost my IM cherry I was so clumsy. She sent me a message asking to join me. What should I do? I fumbled around trying how to even talk. This should not be that hard to do. I finally managed to welcome her only to quickly close my IM program and not be sure how to get her back.

What a nerd. How could I be so clumsy? I felt like I knew absolutely nothing and could do nothing right. And now how did this look to the person who had popped my IM cherry? I eventually sent her and email explaining what had happened, said a few other things and wished her well. We did connect up in IM at one point later on and exchange a few pleasant comments but they almost seemed awkward. Things would never be the same again.

This past week was much more interesting. I have made a new online friend. That has been fun when my ISP lets me come play. It is killing me how terrible my access has been but that is a different story. Anyway I think I am going to like this new online world.

One last thing, why am I doing this in the first place. At first it was because of Myssa. She is a very interesting person and when I found out she had a blog I figured I have very little idea what that was but why not give it a chance. So I quickly signed up with every intention of starting a blog. That was 2 months ago.

In my time here I have had fun finding several very interesting people here by way of their blogs. I already knew Top Cat. I really should visit him more as he is a very interesting person that I thought I knew somewhat and I keep finding out so much more about. There is Lara, what a great Lady. I get the feeling she is someone I could be friends with in real life but I would never be able to keep up with. What a fun and witty person. That eventually got me heading in the direction of Buddha Girl and Hot Chick, two teachers that are teaching me there is so much more to being a teacher than I ever realized. My thoughts of what a teacher is come from my High School days so many years back. I have learned, like everyone else, teaching is not who they are but what they do.

I have bumped into several other blogs that I need to start reading and sharing more often but the last one is perhaps the most interesting one. oldHippiChick. First her blog is a trip and I was not even sure I wanted to post at first. I finally got past that and that is where things changed. She looked up my blog and found out there was nothing to be found. Well this attempt at a blog by me is what I promised I would do HippiChick. Will anyone ever come visit? If they should stumble on here will they stay? At this point, I guess it does not matter. I guess we will just take this thing one story at a time and see what we see.

Well that is a start. I have a couple of other ideas of what I would like to write about. Maybe once my favorite football game is over, University of Michigan vs Ohio State, I can put together my next story, who is this person known as Barman?

I leave you with this from the Life of Brian. "Always look on the bright, side of life."
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home