Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Look who’s getting married

Before I begin let me say I have a few blogs I want to post about me. I am really not a me person and this is actually a bit of a challenge for me to do this. I tend not to be this open. I thought it would be nice to do if someone ever was interested in finding out a little something about me in the future.

Last week was a fun week. A friend I have been corresponding with became engaged. I am so happy for them and I have been ever since I figured it out.

We have gotten to know each other fairly well. In a lot of ways we are very much alike. In other ways we are totally different. One thing we do have in common is we tend to read between the lines. We tend to over think things. We see things coming that a lot of others may not see. Well she decided to have some fun with that. After being gone for an unusually long period of time she wrote a message. She ended it in a funny comment saying she had did something she did not think she would ever do. Her hint was it can give you cold feet. What was that all about? I made some wise ass comments back to her and hit send. At that very moment I knew what it was. Well almost knew.

A while back I had asked if she thought she would marry her bf. They had been going together for a while. The problem is she had a not so fun experience in the past. She said a lot of her friends bugged her about that. Well I closed that aspect of things because I was determined I was not going to be one of those people. I had just asked her not all that long ago either and that is what threw me off.

Well I decided she had gotten married. I could not believe it. I was so happy for her. I was about to type yet another reply when I received a message. It talked about how they were over families house and how her bf had a lot to talk to her sisters about. That was it. As far as I was concerned it was confirmed. I received one more email.

It had a fun little quiz. At the end of the quiz it confirmed it only it was a date, more or less, and an engagement in the form of questions of course. So I was off a little but OMG. I was bouncing off the walls when I sent the next email entitle “I am going to burst...”. Unfortunately I did not hear back from her that night. It was not for almost a full day before I had it confirmed with “BINGO”. Eventually I calmed down and I found out a little bit more about the details but now I am so happy for them. Of course now her fiancé must think I am an absolute loon. I am sure. Well I did send a couple of cute pictures including one he enjoyed so maybe he doesn’t think I am completely insane. Either way, a very good friend is getting married. I am so happy for them. Good people deserve good things to happen to them. It is great to see that actually happens.

Now you know my high point of my last week.


“And now you know ... the rest of the story. Good Day."” -- Paul Harvey
9 Comments:
Blogger SignGurl said...

What a great guy to be so happy for your friend.

I guess that we live very close. You are actually the person I wrote about from my hometown that visited my blog. I was concerned that someone may know me. I was being paranoid, lol.

Anyway, I would love a picture of the tree at the capital. I haven't had a chance to get back down there at night to snap one.

November 22, 2005 7:52 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

P.S. you are not the stalker. He was from Washington state and I figured out who he was.

You only showed up once before and now again today.

Thanks for the nice comments on my blog :)

November 22, 2005 7:55 AM  
Blogger barman said...

I can not believe how small a world we live in. Here there are over, what 250 to 300 million people in the United States and even more if you include the entire world. There are over 10 million people in Michigan and here we are practicly neighbors. Who would have guessed we might bump into each other. The only thing that would have made it even more amazing is if I already knew you.

Welcome fellow Michigander or do you prefer Michiganian? It is a pleasure to have met you Signgurl. You know what this means. I have to add you to my links. I so love your blog.

November 22, 2005 8:22 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you dive_goddess. She is a special lady and I can not believe how great a guy he is to allow the friendship we have. Not everyone would allow it. Oh by the way, best wishes to you next year on your special day.

I hope you get the job. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

November 22, 2005 11:55 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Bryan,
Again thanks for the great comments. And, yes, it is a small world, neighbor.

I look forward to reading much more about you.

November 22, 2005 2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well..I'm so relieved I'M NOT the STALKER...HAHAHA

That's a cool story bryan and knowing the way you love people and talking with others I was sure you would have a great time blogging.....
see what took you so long?

Happy Thanksgiving! Tc

November 22, 2005 7:35 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

BTW, thanks for the link!

You will notice that I leave much more intimate details about myself on other people's blogs, LOL. I saw you at Gigi's. ;)

November 22, 2005 7:44 PM  
Blogger barman said...

You are to fun signgurl. I get the feeling I am getting myself in over my head. As to the intimate details, we might just have to do something about that. ;)

Hi there Tc, I am not sure how well I am fitting in but I am giving it the old college try. I have found a number of very ... interesting people out there. I just hope I left the bread crumbs correctly so I can find my way back.

At this point I am so hooked on this whole experience. Shoot, I bumped into signgurl and I thought what a fun person. I read her blog a little bit and wow, she is a lot more fun than I realized. *waves* to signgurl. I just need to make sure she is not giving me the eye. Or is that a good thing?

November 22, 2005 8:03 PM  
Blogger barman said...

You are right about engagements sugarpunk. One can only hope it lasts a life time. As to the recipies they have to be bad for you so you know they have to taste so good.

November 22, 2005 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home