Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Snow!

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!



I have a love/hate relationship with snow. If I have nothing I have to do then I love it. There is cross country and downhill skiing, sledding, tobogganing, snow ball fights, snow forts, ice castles and the list goes on. Also as a kid you can look forward to snow days, for that matter so can some adults with where they work. There are snow men to make; snow angles can be real fun too. Try catching a snow flake on you tongue. Everything looks fantastic with a nice pure white layer of undisturbed snow. But then ...

Then you have the treacherous roads, the cars in the ditch and in accidents, the terrible accidents where someone loses life, cars that will not start, frostbite, shoveling snow, heart attacks from doing same, slipping on the snow and ice, pipes that freeze, furnaces that will not start so you shiver while the temperature is 43 in your house.

As I get older I have less and less of a love affair with snow. I suppose I should I should stair out the window or even head off to the park and watch the kids play (if I do not get hauled off because someone thinks I am a dirty old man). That surely would recharge my SNOW batteries.
For now though I will just say, as I get ready to head to the folks for Thanksgiving ... why, oh why did the snow have to some so early? Luckily it looks like it has let up and there is actually sun. We will have a surprise appearance of 50s for the high on Monday. Maybe this little quick peek the mid west got of snow will be OK after all. I am just not ready for SNOW yet.

Happy Turkey day to everyone and stay warm!
7 Comments:
Blogger barman said...

Hey Sugarpunk, better turn over ... wouldn't want you getting a burn now.

Better look out. I believe it snowed in Kentucky. That is a lot closer to you then Michigan. If we can find a blogger in Kentucky they just may be able to reach you with that snow ball.

Looking for a Kentucky blogger ...

Oh my, the verification word is somewhat appropriate. tpovs (top off). Hey punk you wouldn't be working on that all over tan now would you?

November 24, 2005 1:14 PM  
Blogger barman said...

No HNT for me either. I just thought it fit in with the taning.

How did you manage to stay in bed so long? I know you must have been in and out of it but still. Even I was up early doing a little baking before heading to the folks. At least about the bed thingy, I am jealous. Of course you are on a different time zone too.

Well off to join in the festivities. Have fun ...

November 24, 2005 4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey barbuddy, have a great Thanksgiving.
I agree about the snow and it's feckin freezing out there, that wind just goes right through ya.
Enjoy the time at the folks.
I might've passed you on 96, did you see me wave? LOL

Oh sugar, Texas is sounding mighty good right about now, cept I have a few bad memories about San Antonio.

November 24, 2005 8:05 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I saw you on the 96 Tc but with all the wind I did not dare let even one hand go. Everytime I did a big gust came up and tried to move me to the next lane.

I just got it confirmed. I am at a, e gads, 30 year class reunion on Saturday. I forgot to send something in and was afraid I could not attend. It could turn into a blog oportunity, who knows. If not I think I have a backup idea.

By the way, I agree about Texas. Tc, car pool with you if we are driving!

November 24, 2005 9:55 PM  
Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

SNOW? Did someone say SNOW? Holy crap! Ahem...I must say this...snow is to teachers as crack is to crackheads. Got it? I'm rubbing my hands in anticipation of the first snow day of the year! I have a hot pink (for real) memo from the head honcho sitting on my desk at work...it has the new "code colors" which will be used this year for inclemenet weather announcements. I'm all about Codes Red and Yellow. Hot Girl will know what I'm talking about here!

Bryan, I'm adoring getting to know you. I'm so glad you too Hippi up on her challenge to get blogging!

November 26, 2005 8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barman....you've been TAGGED!!!heh heh heh

November 26, 2005 12:13 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I will be back this evening and take up the challange and see what I can do about an update here ... THANKS TC

November 27, 2005 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home