Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Happy 50th Paul

Friday was my best friends birthday. Paul turned 50. It was a pleasant surprise for him and a few others when I showed up. The family was there and he opened his presents after being sung to. He got several neat things but his all time favorite was his Cobalt Blue Kitchen Aid mixer.



The next day we got ready for people to come over and celebrate. The whole family was there including the soon to be daughter in law (June 2007). Some close friends also were there for the occasion. Steak and chicken BBQ from the weber certainly was a highlight. The cake of the day was a lemon merange pie. Yum!



Prior to the pie two things were sung. The second thing was the traditional Happy Birthday. The first was much more unique. Burt his, brother in law, sent along sheet music, ode to joy, with new special lyrics.



There was a lot of talking and eventually Guitar Hero made it's debut. That was fun for a while and then it was followed by Eye Toys: Play 2 which was a big hit.



All and all a wonderful weekend has shaped up.

6 Comments:
Blogger Wenchy said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is just lovely Mr. B.

:o)))

February 19, 2006 4:48 PM  
Blogger mkecurler said...

Looks like everyone had a great time!

February 20, 2006 1:26 AM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Please tell Paul my invitation got lost. Which is sad because you know how I love to sing. And I also love pie.

I really do like that hat in the second pic. I like it a lot.

February 20, 2006 7:52 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I'm glad you had fun! I'm impressed at how fast you got these pics up. I have been super lazy about it lately.

We went to a euchre party this weekend and some drunk fool stole my camera and took lots of pics (no, it wasn't me). I'll try and get them up tomorrow.

February 20, 2006 10:27 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Wenchy it was fun and it is always great to get to visit with friends. I found I might as well get a home down there as there are about 6 things going on I would like to be around for over the next year. I sure wish I could.

Sabatkes, it was a small group but we had a good time. That Ps2 game was a big hit.

CrabCake, We found out what happened with your invite after the lights went out. It seems there was a stack of mail that was suppose to go out that kind of fell behind some church news bullitens. One of the other letters was the electric bill... We missed your singing voice and there was left over pie. Darn those news bullitens.

SignGurl I was feeling a little guilty that I had not put up a real post in so long that I took out a little time from my visit to post. So see I was being even more lazy so that is why they went up so fast. By the way, I was out of state ... I was not the drunken fool that stole your camera.

February 21, 2006 1:00 AM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

You are a good friend.

February 21, 2006 4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home