Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Life's Simple PLeasures

The Instructions: Name five of life's simple pleasures that you like, then tag five people to do the same. Try to be original and creative.

1. Horses. I love watching horses work out at a track. One of my favorite things I do every year at Kentucky Derby time of the year is go to Dawn at the Downs and watch the workout. It is free and I find it peaceful and very enjoyable. Of course it is nice I get to do this with my best friend. I also was able to see a Grand Pre Jump event in person when I visited a friend in Calgary. I have seen this on TV but never in person. I loved it.

2. Amazement. Ever have one of those days where everything seems brand new to you. You see things in a whole different way. Everything seems so incredable to you. Nothing can bring you down. I do not see many of those days but when I do, I treasure them.

3. A nice warm fire on a cold winter night. There is something about the nice snap, crackle and a gentle dancing fire to keep you entertained along with the wonderful warm feeling you get.

4. The wonderful warm feeling you get inside when you are able to help someone out. The handful of times I have helped out at a soup kitchen is a good example of that.

5. Hearing from a friend, especially if you have not heard from them in a long time. It always brings back such nice memories.

I know some people do not like being tagged, others love it. So please feel free to try this one out if you wish. It is nice and simple and I know I enjoyed it. Thank you Wenchy. I know I enjoyed this a lot. Sorry it took so long for me to post.


With Ten Bears, it was always more than a while. There was purpose in everything he did, and I knew he wanted me to stay. But I was sure of myself. I would be an excuse, and that's all the Army would need to find this place. I pushed him as far as I could to move the camp. But in the end, he only smiled and talked of simple pleasures. He reminded me that at his age, a good fire was better than anything. Ten Bears was an extraordinary man. --Dances With Wolves

9 Comments:
Blogger jungle jane said...

number 4 is a goodie, barman. yes. that is a very nice feeling. i did the soup kitchen thing on christmas day but that wasn't very nice. congealed turkey gravy made me feel sick after 6 hours of scraping plates....

February 12, 2006 12:57 AM  
Blogger Pe.tra said...



Wow- YOu are a big teddy bear..*hug*

Any woman would be lucky to have you..

xoxooxox

^.^

February 12, 2006 6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great post Bryan, loved reading your answers.

February 12, 2006 10:36 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

These are great.

Amazement is one of the best. You are right in that we don't get many of them which is really too bad.

Helping people is my main goal in life. I focus my time on school level kids. Nothing makes my heart warmer than when a child comes up and hugs me tight and thanks me for everything I do for the school.

I feel all warm and fuzzy now. Thanks!

February 12, 2006 3:31 PM  
Blogger wmy said...

Hey baby!!! My first day back, and you try to give me some damn homework!! Oh well...love ya anyway! LOL

February 12, 2006 6:17 PM  
Blogger mkecurler said...

I'm jealous you got to curl in the CAN! I want to do that. Let me know when you get that red hat!

February 12, 2006 10:57 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

I love horses too. The very coolest thing I ever saw was horses running wild in a field. They were awesome!

I do some work in a senior living center. You're right, it makes you feel good. And they're so interesting. So many of them become forgotten by their families. And it's a shame because they still have so much to offer. They might be moving slower but inside...they still got it, bigtime!

February 13, 2006 12:36 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Happy Valentine's Day Mr B!

February 14, 2006 4:00 AM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Happy Valentine's Day Mr B!

February 14, 2006 4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home