Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Torture Chamber

Today was a day that I have been dreading. It is the worst. I got up a little late and then I remembered what I had to do. Like it or not, it was time to vist


The Dentist!


The funny thing is I have never had a problem with my dentist, Dr Guckey. He has always been great even when I did not do what I should have done. You see, I hate flossing and sometimes I get a little lazy on the brushing. Of course all good things have to some to an end.

As of January 12 he has officially retired and now I have a new dentist, Dr Scott-Hetchler. Now she has been around for a year probably and I think she is going to be a good dentist for me. Still, I can not help but be concerned about dentists.






Well the good new, at least for me, I had the best checkup I have had in a long time. The last time was terrible. My mouth hurt for days, but not this time. Well I guess I best try to do better next time. My teeth are about impossible to get floss in between, even the hygienist has problems but that is just and excuse.



Of course there is always an upside to a visit with the dentist...

Now while this is not my dentists staff, still they are a good bunch of people. They take care of me. Well until the next appointment on June 5th ... brush, brush, floss, brush...






I was reading the other day, a dentist in New Jersey has topless nurses. --Cactus Flower
9 Comments:
Blogger Deb said...

Ugh----the dentist is just GOD awful! I hate when they poke and prod at you with these metal picks -- to only end up stabbing you till you're mouth if full of blood... BLECKKKKK!

But these dental hygenists that you have on your blog---WOW----now that's a good day at the doc's office.

Hellllooooooo nurse!

January 31, 2006 2:06 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Ah, geez! Thanks for reminding me about that little errand still left unrun.

It takes every bit of courage I have just to make the appointment. I keep invisioning that tray. You know the one. It has all those torture tools laid out on it like they're gonna skin you alive until you tell all your countries secrets or something.

ICK!

January 31, 2006 2:52 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Dive_goddess, glad to see you around. I think you are just a touch busy with the wedding to plan. July is comming fast. Busy, busy, busy.

Deb, I thought you might enjoy the staff. I know I shure would.

Crabcake, for me they keep that hidden in back of my head so I do not get to see the instruments of torture. They still hurt just as bad even if you do not know what is coming.

January 31, 2006 4:28 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Roxi, to bad ... it says New Jersy. I think they need to branch out.

a d meeting, that could be fun.

January 31, 2006 6:41 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I am the one freak who loves the dentist! I love the way my teeth look and feel after.

It helps that because I had braces, I brush very well. My hygenist loves me. She even recently gave me my own dental tools for the inbetween times.

I have a high tolerance for pain so I don't use pain medications when I get work done. I recently had several old fillings refilled without anesthesia. My old dentist was from India and she convinced me that Americans are babies since they never use anesthesia in India unless they are extracting a tooth. She drilled out a cavity and it didn't hurt a bit.

I would much rather suffer a little pain at the time. I hate to walk around for 8 hours with my mouth frozen and drool dripping down my face.

January 31, 2006 8:11 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Sign Gurl, you are weird. If I cared for my teeth better than I guess I would not mind the visit either. I do like the way they feel after the cleaning as long as they did not have to work to much on the gumms.

I think you could pull off droll!

January 31, 2006 8:38 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I have to say it... I love the dentist too.

Oh shit, I had an appointment this afternoon! It was at 5:20.

Shit, shit, shit.

I wish I would have read this earlier.

January 31, 2006 10:02 PM  
Blogger barman said...

KB, I bet you and Sing Gurl have some gorgeous looking teeth. I hope you do not get in to much trouble about the appointment.

January 31, 2006 10:21 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

You KNOW my teeth are gorgeous!

Looks like KB and I have even more in common.

January 31, 2006 11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home