Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sunday Papers

OK, trying to catch up with a quick post. I finally returned home Sunday early evening. What did I return to? A broken garage door, a broken washing machine (soon to be fixed) and a driveway full of heavy compacted snow. No fare...

An hour later I had most the snow off except for the approach so I guess things are not all that bad after all. It does like nice to see snow back again, I mean it is winter and all.

Sunday I watched my Niece in a basketball game. It was fun. She has improved a bunch but she will never be one of the super stars. I think she just likes to be social with all the kids anyway. Being a super star is to much work.

Other than watching my niece there was something else that I was enjoying watching. On their team there is a person that has to be everything. Now don't get me wrong, she is talented but she can not be a team player. She is anywhere she wants to be and seldom in place. If you get to close to her she will lash out and either grab the ball right away from you or force a jump ball that results in a possible possession change. It is fairly common for the other team to come up to her since she is playing the top of the key, and pass to a team mate to get beyond her. Now here is what I found amusing. The other team that they played had a player on their team that was just like her. Good old (young) player 5. I think she must have been 4 foot tall, she was so short to the other girls on our team (my niece is 10 to give you an idea what we are talking about). It did not matter, she hustled to get where she wanted to be. She could steal a ball as if you where standing still. She was involved in almost every play. Yes, she was a clone, although shorter clone, of our player except for one thing. She was always giving about 150 percent and, well, somehow she ended up on the floor a lot with her feat kicked out from under her.

Anyway one time I found it priceless. Our player was advancing to the other end lazily dribbling away not really paying attention to anyone else, why would she need to. Then, all of a sudden player 5 came out of no where from behind and STOLE THE BALL. To much fun. I wanted to make a comment but I choose to be quiet as the people next to me turned out to be her family. That could have been ugly. Anyway I was amused the rest of the game watching player 5 and seeing the way our player had to adjust for that.

I know, I am easily amused. Well that kind of capped my weekend. It was nice to get away but at the same time I have so much to get done.

I hope you had a nice weekend and lets see what we can do to end the month on a high note.


PA: Due to the number of people bored last Sunday, next Sunday will be cancelled. --M*A*S*H
3 Comments:
Blogger Wenchy said...

I am not fond of Sunday's so if it's gets cancelled... sounds good to me.

Please do the same with Christmas.

January 24, 2006 4:07 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Looks like she met her match. It's always fun to watch people of the same 'style and technique' playing a sport. Pretty interesting.

January 24, 2006 1:24 PM  
Blogger mkecurler said...

I need the Sundays. They keep me sane. Really!

January 24, 2006 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home