Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Monday, Monday

MONDAY'S CHILD IS FAIR OF FACE
by Mother Goose (and many other references)

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go.
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child born on the Sabbath Day,
Is fair and wise and good and gay.


I was a Monday baby. Fair of face, gee I don't know about that. I think Mother Goose needs an update, especially for Sunday. Sorry but gay has not been used to mean happy for some time. I suppose I would not mind being a Fridays Child.

So where do you fit in? If you are not sure what day of the week you were born on click here.

Solomon Grundy, by Henry Gibson; Solomon Grundy born on Monday; went to school on Tuesday; grew a beard on Wednesday; expelled on Thusday; protested on Friday; arrested on Saturday; drafted on Sunday; and this was the end of Solomon Grundy. --Rowan & Martin's Laugh-in
12 Comments:
Blogger SignGurl said...

Ok, how am I supposed to keep up with 3 posts in one day?

Glad you got the washing machine under control.

The song title post was fun.

I was Friday's child.

January 16, 2006 9:04 PM  
Blogger barman said...

It has started. I may need to turn word varification back on. I have got at least three adds. Boy they are pushing snowmobiles today. Arg!

January 16, 2006 9:10 PM  
Blogger barman said...

In all fareness one of the posts was from today and pretty much a post of little consiquence. The other two ... well I did miss Saturday so if you avereage it out I am posting once a day. *smile*

I hope a few people try the song title thing. I enjoyed it although I think a few of my answers were just the best I could do with what I had. I really would like to go see Alaska, maybe Hawaii and other places before Paris. Some answers worked out pretty funny.

January 16, 2006 9:14 PM  
Blogger mkecurler said...

Another great post! Full of Grace! That's me, falling off bars stools with grace!

January 16, 2006 10:26 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Sabatkes, my favorite is tripping over a crack in carpeting or the one time I ran into the back of a parked car when I was riding a bike. Maybe I was born on Tuesday also. You know, it was Tuesday in Australia when I was born so ...

January 17, 2006 12:27 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

You know you can just delete the ads? That's what I do.

I'm begging you not to turn WV back on. I hate that. I've heard it called WordFuckification and I think that's fitting.

January 17, 2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Wednesday's child is full of woe.

Yikes.

January 17, 2006 11:27 AM  
Blogger barman said...

I did start deleting the adds that I see as long as I feel sure it is an add. I would hate to ever delete a legit comment no matter if I agreed with it or not. Also SG I will resist. It just is anoying as all.

At least I am not one of the popular ones that get a lot more traffic.

January 17, 2006 11:44 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Wendy, isn't woe what a person yells to try and slow a horse down. Maybe you are just to enthusiastic or something.

January 17, 2006 12:54 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

I think I'm just LOUD!

January 17, 2006 5:06 PM  
Blogger Ms. M said...

I was born on Tuesday..full of grace. Of COURSE! That explains why I'm constantly bumping into things and beating myself up. Now my son was born on a Wednesday...he is FULL of woe...but really WOE is me! Teenagers wear my ass OUT!

January 18, 2006 4:56 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Ms. M, I kind of question that whole thing myself. Fare of Face ...

Teenagers ... sorry to hear that but he will grow out of it someday.

January 18, 2006 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home