Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, January 09, 2006

Guitar Hero Revisited

Sorry for this post but I rushed it. A little while ago I talked about being a guitar hero. Well this past friday my equipment arrived. I opened it up, plugged it in and got started.

Two and a half hours latter I looked at the clock. How could it possibly have gotten so late. I must admit I had a fun time. These pictures are staged, and poorly done at that. But it will give you an idea of what I am talking about.

You have a guitar controler. Notice the five fret keys (green, red, yellow, blue, and orange). You watch the TV and it tells you which note or notes to play. There are 4 or 5 difficulty settings, I choose the easy setting for now which means only green, red and yellow and only one note at a time most of the time.

Now my other hand is where you strum the note. There is also a wha wha lever for the long notes.

You start out with 10 songs to play and, once you go on a carrer track you can unlock locations and songs. I have 25 songs now since I am a Guitar Hero on the easy setting.

You are not actually playing. What happens is they have you play something that is very simular to the notes that are playing. If you hit the right note at the right time it plays that part of the song, otherwise it flubs the note. After a little you really feel like you are playing. Let me say once again, I had a lot of fun with this. One of these days if I get my hands on some real pictures I will include them but being rushed and taking self pictures I just did not do such a good job here.

This is how I spent many hours on Saturday which did not help my arm. I don't know if it was the game or the fall from earlier but wow. I have to get back into this at the medium setting. One of my favotite songs still has to be More Than a Feeling.

OK, so maybe my carrer is on hold for a little while I get some practice in. I think the band should be available sometime this summer if anyone is interested.

Oh and I just had to do this one for Top Cat. Sorry for the cheap knock off Top Cat.



It’s more than a feeling, when I hear that old song they used to play (more than a feeling)
I begin dreaming (more than a feeling)
’till I see marianne walk away
I see my marianne walkin’ away

When I’m tired and thinking cold
I hide in my music, forget the day
And dream of a girl I used to know
I closed my eyes and she slipped away
She slipped awa y. she slipped away.

It’s more than a feeling, when I hear that old song they used to play (more than a feeling)
I begin dreaming (more than a feeling)
’till I see marianne walk away
I see my marianne walkin’ away
-- Boston: More than a feeling
10 Comments:
Blogger Brigitte said...

I was wondering where you had been the last couple of days..engrossed in a new toy huh?

January 09, 2006 11:07 PM  
Blogger mkecurler said...

I love that song from Boston! Damn! My pal Jen is hooked on this game too! Thinking of playing it soon!

January 09, 2006 11:14 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Hi Brig, (sorry if that bothers you) yes I did play a bit o games. That thing is adictive. I also saw a movie and went out for a couple of beers with friends ... just a bit of busy stuff.

Hi Sabatkes. I love that song too but it was one of the harder songs I ran into at least at first. The first song, I love Rock and Roll was about the easiest. I think you will love it.

January 10, 2006 12:23 AM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Oh that was so fun to read and I loved the Top Cat cover shot. LOL

January 10, 2006 8:01 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Wenchy, I just wish I had the pose with Top Cat in it so I could have come a little closer. Maybe I can take it again looking a little bit more like Top Cat once he puts it back up again and put the pictures together as twins Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito style. For some reason that amuses me as well. I guess I am easily amused.

Thanks Thwar but I though I looked like maybe I had a bunion or something. LOL For a toy (game) it has provided me with a lot of amusement already so it was worth every bit I spent on it.

January 10, 2006 1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is SO Great Bryan. Music is for EVERYONE and it can give so much joy.
Glad you enjoy your new found joy.
Your poses remind me of Rich Williams who plays guitar for Kansas.
He is a rather big guy and the guitar looks so small in his hands.

Dress in black, shades and you've got the pose dude.

Great post, rock on man.
tc

January 10, 2006 3:23 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Can I be a groupie???

I'll try be cute as hell.

January 10, 2006 4:47 PM  
Blogger barman said...

OK, groupies ... sure, why not, but only if we trade off who we are being groupies for. We don't want anyone getting a big head.

Oh Wenchy, you are already cute as hell so there will be no trying, just do.

I love my groupies! LOL

Top Cat, I found your picture. I don't have a shirt exactly like that but I am sure I can come close enough. You know the funny thing about that game, even if you can not play or read music, if you can muster up a little rythm or OK reflexes you still can make music. How wonderful is that?

January 10, 2006 5:45 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

So all the good comments are already taken :-(

I was going to say that I was sure you were busy with your new toy since we hadn't seen you around much.

I was also going to ask to be a groupie.

I love the looks of concentration. Too funny.

Now I need to find one of these as it sounds like so much fun!

January 10, 2006 8:26 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I think I will be able to lend you the guitar in 6 or 8 months Jenn! I have found it to be fun. My niece who really does not seem to be interested in music other than to listen to a CD (and now an MP3 player) even really enjoyed it. If you do get a chance to try it I think you just might enjoy it.

I have never had groupies before. If you would like to join in that would be super. But then it is someone elses turn, maybe Top Cat.

January 10, 2006 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home