Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, January 06, 2006

Can You Hear Me Now?

Let me vent just a little. I will keep it short because who wants to hear this.

I broke the hinge on my flip phone. Although it still works I really needed to replace it. Now I could not replace it with any phone. I wanted one of the tri-mode phones that could still do Analog because parts of the area near me really can not receive Digital. Forget most of the phones these days as they only do Digital. So I decided to replace the phone with the same model.

I looked on eBay and eventually won a phone. Once I received it I upgraded to the new phone with using the phone and all appeared to go well. I made two calls and all seemed to be OK. But then, then I looked at the dumb phone. It was going insane. It was bouncing between Analog and Digital, over an over again. I had either no bars or one bar of service and then it would switch to the other mode. Darn, I got a lemon.

I contacted the seller and they said return it to them and they would take care of it. My problem, how do I get the service turned off on that phone? I tried to upgrade back to the old phone, got an error and said I needed to contact them on a land line. I tried that this evening and they said that the old phone was active (no it isn't) and the new phone was not.

They called me and neither answered. I figured I would place a phone call with the old phone, it did not have service. I tried to place a call with the new phone and I could not receive a signal but eventually was able to connect with it after I hung up with the tech. The tech said that was not possible and the other phone was active. I asked can I go in to a store and have them handle it and they said yes but I should have the phone repaired. Talk about clueless. Then they asked if they had solved my problem and I said no way but I would take it in to the store.

Granted I probably did something that they did not anticipate but the person on the line should have been able to handle this, shouldn't they? What a waist of my time. Well off to the store tomorrow morning when it first opens because that store is terrible. I probably would need to wait 30 minutes to an hour at least for service.

I promise to be happier tomorrow, honest.

I miss my cell phone.

help me...



No! See, you need to be taking her in for impersonating a customer service representative. -- Third Watch
9 Comments:
Blogger Brigitte said...

Hi Bryan! I came in to say hi on your territory for once...I'm sorry your having cell trouble..I hate phones period..but I know they are a neccesity..I hope things are better tomorrow babe:)

January 06, 2006 11:09 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I got a cell phone to begin with because I was doing a bit of traveling between my house and my sisters (100 miles one way) and I had a few problems with the car. Now my car is no spring chicken so I decided to spring for a cell phone but I only put it on to make a call. Then I got a new plan and tried to keep it on all the time.

I usually only use 100 minutes at most as I do long distance on it also. The only time I might run over my 400 minutes is Kentucky Derby time when I am visiting with my friends and try and keep in touch with work. Yes, I have a phone but until recently I could not even tell you the number.

Still I miss it, they are just so handy sometimes.

January 07, 2006 12:02 AM  
Blogger wmy said...

You know those customer service people are really way the fuck over in Turkey or Moracco or some other place and they don't even speak english half the time...ahhhh I hate having to call those people...I know they are laughing at me..,.I just know it!

Sorry you are having such a shitty day...tomorrow will be better...it has to be right?

January 07, 2006 2:02 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Yes this person was definetly from overseas somewhere. They did speak english fairly well however. I just wanted to get beyound her to someone that would listed and not just follow a script because it was obvious what the phone companys system said was wrong.

Oh, that was only part of the day. I actually had something fun happen that I am sure will find it's way into the blog this weekend. Nothing earth shattering but when you don't do much it does not take to much to become a highlight of my day.

Stay tuned to the same bat channel. (why did Batman slip into my mind just then? Arg!)

January 07, 2006 8:23 AM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

I only use my cell phone for text messages... and I would miss it if I didn't have it.

Sorry to you B.

January 07, 2006 8:23 AM  
Blogger barman said...

I have never done text messaging before. I know someone from Texas that uses text messaging to keep in touch with his fiance in the Philipines. It seems to be the cheapest way for them to communicate.

January 07, 2006 8:27 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Arrrghhh! Gadget troubles! I hate it when that happens.

I know it's a long shot, as most people are very untrusting in the trade business, but maybe the dealer you bought it from would feel your pain & send you a replacement which you could upgrade to & then you could send back the defective phone? I know, not probable, but maybe possible?

Let us know how it works out.

January 07, 2006 9:31 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Well strange way around but it is OK now. My next post talks about it. It is nice to have a working phone again and wonderful to have run into such a super person that helped me out at the phone company store.

January 07, 2006 12:02 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

I don't like speaking on the phone... so text is the compromise I am willing to make! LOL

January 07, 2006 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home