Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, December 26, 2005

I Found My Calling

That is it. In about a week or so I am quitting my day job!

On Christmas I found my calling in a very strange place called PS 2. My SIL got a present from her hubby called Guitar Hero. From the very first lick I was hooked. I just knew I found my calling. As soon as I picked up the guitar I was belting the jams out with the best of them. It was a little ruff for the first few songs but by the end of the night I knew my destiny.

OK, so maybe quitting my day job is a little premature. I mean I am in the "easy" setting. I better bump up the difficulty a touch but I do not know. When I went to play "More Than a Feeling" in the more advanced setting it was pitiful. It reminds me of something I once heard... I have suffered for my music, now it is your turn. So maybe I should adjust that date. Certainly by the end of January I will be a superstar and I can quit the day job!

I had quit a few minor things go wrong over the last several days. I left an ingredient out of the Chex Mix I made. I think I over cooked the bread I made. The banana peppers I had in a small container leaked all over the place. The green peppers I had in a small container was spilled all over the floor. You get the point, nothing earth shattering but still I could not catch a break. It was nothing to do with the fact that I only got 1 hour sleep Friday night, honest. I just could not get off my lazy butt and get things done for the holidays.

In general however all went well. People showed up about when they should have. Everyone was there, even the two people with back problems from having slipped on the ice. The dinner went well, The entertainment was OK but did not include everyone. My niece cleaned up with the presents as she should as she is the youngest. Everyone made it home in one piece even though it started to snow and turn very slushy. I talked to Top Cat for a couple of minutes today (it has been 9 months in the making, that was nice). I am down so I can shovel my parents snow (my Dad is one of those people that fell on the ice). All and all things went pretty well.

I actually did play the Guitar Hero game and it was fun. Between that and a couple of other games I just might need to buy a play station 2 game console. I wonder if I can count rocking out as exercising?

I hope everyone else's Christmas went well and I think it is time to light a candle for Hanukkah.


In the words of AC/DC: We roll tonight... to the guitar bite... and for those about to rock... I salute you.
-- The School of Rock
10 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You take it easy mister on SHOVELING that snow, ok?

Have fun down the road and call Tuesday, til then.
Tc

December 26, 2005 8:25 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

You are so funny! I would pay money to see you playing that PS 2 game.

Glad that all went well for you.

December 26, 2005 7:10 PM  
Blogger mkecurler said...

Didja know you can play curling on the PS1? The game is on the Olympic Winter Games Disc.. going to find a copy on ebay now.

Sounds like an interesting holiday!

Santa did not bring me my broom- the elves could not figure it out so I have to contact them directly.

However- I did get a SWEET Detroit Curling Club fleece with the club logo and my NAME embroidered on it. It's so freaing sweet!

December 26, 2005 11:16 PM  
Blogger Zephyr said...

Sounds like a great time! Next time you play PS2.... take pics! :)

December 26, 2005 11:58 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I love Boston!

Sounds like you had a blast!

Hope your new year is as enjoyable!

December 27, 2005 12:35 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Sounds like fun! Remember, nothing wrong with quitting a job you hate to do something you have a passion for!

Happy Holidays Bryan!!!!

December 27, 2005 2:03 PM  
Blogger ohc said...

"Do you believe in magic? Believe in the magic of a young girl's soul? Believe in the magic of rock 'n roll? Believe in the magic that can set you free? "
The Lovin' Spoonful


Hey, Barman, doing what you truly love will set you free. That is when you will stop dropping the peppers, bake perfect bread, and chex-mix! Maybe you and TC will hook up! You go dude!

December 28, 2005 11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no more air guitar for Bryan, he's gonna be Bryan Van Halen..lol

December 28, 2005 5:20 PM  
Blogger barman said...

TC - glad we were able to meet up. What a super person you are.

Jenn - If I can get that game I will do it. No pictures taken at Christmas of that that I am aware of unless the paperazi (sp?) was around.

Sabatkes - Did not know about curling. I will need to look. I have the PS1 and should be getting to PS2 soon. I will soon have 4 games that I just need to play/play again. One is to funny, a personal fitness trainer. Sorry to hear about not getting that sweet broom but how nice getting the fleece from my former club and all. sounds sweet with it all personalized and all.

Lara - somehow I do not think it will be the same but will do. Probably not for a few weeks as I get a system put together.

KB - I did have a fun time. I have a little more to blog about yet once I get to it but I am glad it is over also. I do not do a lot for the new years, maybe go over someones house with 12 to 20 people. A nice small gathering. I hope you have a nice one too.

Debi - I will not seriously quit my job but you know what, I really did have a fun time. That is why I am heading out to get that game. Life is short, you might as well enjoy it.

Sugar - I knew the other system was due out next year but I did not know when. Thanks for the tip on where I could look. I had not thought about that. Thanks a lot.

OHC - Top Cat and I did meet for an hour or so. What a super guy and just as nice wife. I already look forward to the next time. As to the doing what you want, I agree. I do not think my heart was into Christmas this year. It turned out pretty good despite me.

TC - Only if you be my lead singer. I tried and failed misserably (another PS2 game I will blog about). It would be a new sound but nothing wrong with that.

Thank you everyone for stopping by and I hope your holidays went and/or are going well. Thanks for brightening my day.

December 28, 2005 5:45 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Hey Thwar. I find what is happening is I am enjoying myself a little more lately. I just had a High School reunion not to long ago. This is the second one I went to. The first one I did not enjoy. This one I told myself I was going to enjoy it and I did. There was a few things I would like to change before I go to another one but in general I really enjoyed it. Christmas I just could not get into this year yet when the family finally got together I had a nice time. I really enjoyed the Guitar Hero because I so love music. I puts with it mainly with a keyboard and occasionally a flute. I hope someday to bring the computer into it by making use of the MIDI features of the keyboard. I know I will have even more fun that I already do.

Now this is not something I am good enough to do something with but it is something I can pick up a bit of joy and I think joy is a good thing.

Keep on Rocking in the Free World holds a special place in my heart. For a while when that song came out I was going out probably 3 to 5 times a week to the bar. It was not uncommon to close the bar down. During this time I started attending Open Mike Nights. Now this was not for me but for my friend John.

John is talented and has written many songs, put together at least one album with his, at the time wife, and even earned a living in the UK for a period of time before he moved to the US, married an American and eventually became a citizen. Anyway I so enjoyed it.

I bought a mixer and a snake and would often record him and of course give him the recordings. I also did that a few times when he was hired to play at a bar for a night or two and once when they had 3 bands play for a night. It was during that time that that song was popular.

Another few people hooked up and started to perform that particular song for open night. There was a lot more to that particular stage of my life but I was very happy then. Anyway, that song is very much special to me and brings back fond memories. Thank you for doing that for me without even knowing it.

December 30, 2005 1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home