Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Happy Holiday Everyone

Wow, I am at least a full day behind on getting ready for and celebrating Christmas. I had hoped to post a nice holiday post but it looks like all I will be able to do is a short post while I finish the baking, the Chex Mix, the laundry and the salads. When am I going to get in some sleep? I guess if I could only have got my butt in gear that would not have been a problem.

Merry Christmas

I found this article on American Christmas Origins. Christmas is celebrated on December 25 every year.

Happy Hanukkah

This is from the History Channel dealing with History of Hanukkah. This year Hanukkah begins at sundown on December 25 and lasts through sundown January 2. The observance of all Jewish holidays beings at sunset the previous day.

Happy Kwanzaa

I found this about Kwanzaa. Kwanzaa is celebrated from December 26 through January 1 every year.

For those not celebrating a holiday or if I missed something I hope you have a nice weekend and I will be back sometime next week. To everyone, may 2006 be filled with family, friends, good health, happiness, prosperity and what ever else is important to you.



"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the fields, keeping watch over their flocks by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the lord shone round about them, and they were so afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not, for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you this day is born in the City of Bethlehem, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; you shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel, a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace, good will toward men'". That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie brown. -- A Charlie Brown Christmas
3 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...

HI Bryan. Merry Christmas.

I love Chex Mix!!!!!

:)

December 24, 2005 3:29 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Merry Christmas, Bryan!

December 25, 2005 11:37 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Barman--this post is awesome! I really didn't understand the other celebrations, but after reading your links--I do!

Happy New Year!

December 26, 2005 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home