Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Sunday, December 18, 2005

These are a few of my favorite things



Lets start out the new post with a shout out to SignGurl. Happy Birthday Jenn. You are always such a cool person in the comments you leave on everyone else's blogs that I thought it most appropriate to send a little more attention your way on your birthday. It has been fun having a blogger friend near by. Anyway, Happy, Happy Jenn.

I have been noticing something real interesting about blogs. I can understand that when you post more than a post or two the chances of people going back and reading everything you have written are slim. Mostly I think people only read the most current entry. Generally that is the only place comments are left. I love the fact that there are the prior posts available because sometimes someone is so fun or fascinating that you want to go back and find out more. Also you can post links back to your own messages rather then saying something again. Now I have not done that yet but I think that is great. Now I am getting lost.

What I am finding amazing is when someone has a comment section some people seem to read comments, others it is obvious that they do not read them. For me I think the stories that people post are fascinating. You learn a lot about people and things this way. It is often good for a laugh or a cry or a big old smile. But what I think I enjoy the most about blogs is the interactivity you get from the comment section in a blog. I think this has to be about my most favorite part. Going back and forth with others is very enjoyable. I find I am often entertained by the wit others display at that time. I don't know, I just find this to be the most fascinating part of a blog and something that I really enjoy.

So what about you? What do you like about blogging? How do you find a new persons blog to read? I guess in general just something about your blogging experience would be fun to hear.


Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
-- Maria Lyrics: My Favorite Things

3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to join in and wish my friend Jenn a very Happy Birthday.
*smooch*

thanks Bryan,
tc

December 18, 2005 11:09 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Oh you are making me blush! Thanks again for taking the time to wish me a happy day!

You and I are so much alike. We seem to be frequenting the same blogs.

I also love the banter back and forth in the comments. It is sometimes more interesting than the post. You can learn so much about someone.

You are becoming quite the blogger, Bryan!

December 18, 2005 9:10 PM  
Blogger wmy said...

Welllllllll...When I first found blogger, I would click on the next blog button in the upper corner(I still do sometimes, just for something different)...then, after I started my own blog and got a couple of comments going, I started reading the blogs of the people who commented , then reading the blogs of those people who commented on the people who commented on my blog and on and on and on!!!Whew..I got a little lost there...but you know what I mean right? I think the comments are so fun...I go back and look at blogs where I have commented to see if the blogger made a comment to my comment. I LOVE IT BARMAN!!! Also, I have learned so much about computers from the people I have met in blogland...I didn't even know how to put a picture up, and NOW I DO!! Yep, blogging is my new favorite thing.

December 18, 2005 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home