Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Strange Day

Pardon the name dropping.

I had a strange day as far as blogging is concerned. I found some very interesting people with the most interesting person by far being ~Deb with Let Me Go On and On! I love the way she writes. I love her blog. This is going to be a fun place to read daily, you can just tell.

Somehow yesterday, no matter how much I tried, I just could not bring myself to blog anything. I must have tried 10 times and always just tossed it away. What ever creative juices I may have were in short supply yesterday.

I got a chance to read a lot of my other favorite sites also. It was a day to explore, a day to catch up, a day to have fun. Part way through the day, however, I somehow got blogger confused. I left a message or to for people telling them what I was seeing which must have looked like I had tied one on from the previous night and now was suffering from a terrible hangover.

Basically what happened is Word Verification was not working for me. For some reason anytime I went to post a message on a blog that had WV, it always gave me the same word. When I typed that word in it did not work.

Being in IT for ages I decided no big deal. I closed my browser completely and got back in. Still a problem. I rebooted my computer, still a problem. I got on from another computer, STILL A PROBLEM.

I decided the blogger system must be messed up somehow. I left a strange blog entry about it on my blog, left odd comment on SignGurl Here's Your Sign. If she did not think I was insane before, shurley she does now. I wrote a couple of emails. In general I just settled in thinking that Blogger had a problem. Certainly it was not me.

Well of course IT WAS ME! I ended up logging out of blogger and back in. When I did that, WV was working just fine once again. Other than losing a little time and looking like a loon, I guess no damage done. Of course I might have a little bruised ego. For how knowledgeable I am in IT matters, this whole blogger thing is just so new to me. I hope the people I run into out there will excuse the novice as I try and feel my way around this very interesting world. For my part I will try and be a little less quick to judge, be more complete on checking what is wrong and not bother folks as much.

Let me close with it snowed last night. How lovely. Everything is covered in a thin layer of white. The pine trees out my back picture window have a nice glazing of white on each branch. The squirrels seem to be taking the day off as the birds have as well. Of course I know that will be short lived. Even though this is the light fluffy stuff that just will not pack no matter what you do, I think it is time to go make a few snow balls and maybe a snow angel or two before clearing the drive and walks and getting the day started properly. It is looking like a great day. I hope anyone who happens by my little corner and reads this has a great day too.

Thanks for stopping by.
4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bryan I had the same problem last night, the same word verification kept coming up at every blog, I even e-mailed lara to let her know I couldn't comment on her blog.

No matter what I did, nothing worked and I'm pretty sure when rebooting you are automatically logged out so it must have been a coincidence when you logged out.

It is Sunday, the sun is shining, an inch or two of new fluffy snow lies on the ground and all is good in our world of blogging again.

take care,
tc

December 04, 2005 11:19 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Bryan~You left an absolutely lovely comment on my blog. You always know just what to say to make me feel better.

Blogger has been really touchy lately. Maybe there are too many of us blogging and the system can't keep up. I don't know much about it. I usually assume that it's my pc since I am running an older system.

Anyway, I appreciate your comments! ;)

December 04, 2005 4:08 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Hey grainne,

We are a lot a like. I just avoid those things. I would not have made it 17 years in the same place if I did not.

Sure would like to talk to you more but without someway to reach you other then open comment, I guess I will just settle with welcome. See you around.

December 04, 2005 5:33 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I am surprised Jenn. I thought I was sounding all confused. Yesterday was strange indeed.

I hope you are getting more comments from those that are visiting.

See you soon on you blog.

December 04, 2005 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home