Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, November 25, 2005

Reunion eve

Here it is, just a little over a day away from my high school class reunion. Of course there are complications. With me there are always complications.

A few days ago I realized I had not sent in my information and money and RSVP I was attending. I delayed dealing with it for a few days I guess just hoping it would go away. You see I had high hopes for this. I would lose some weight and look much more better and feel better about seeing everyone again. Well that never did surface. The other thing about this reunion thing, probably everyone is married, has kids, has a life. When asked about my life I probably have 30 seconds or so worth of stuff to share and then nothing. Not that I am complaining as life has treated me well and I have much to be thankful for.

Well on Thanksgiving morning I contacted the group responsible for the reunion and I thought I had registered but I see I have not. I asked if it was still possible to go. Much to my surprise I heard back from two of the three members that day and the other member this morning all saying come on and you are more than welcome.

OH NO!!!

I was so sure that I was not going that I did not bring anything to wear and I just was not ready at all. Time for some shopping. Even though this would probably be somewhat dressy, I thought I would just go with something nice. I took my pants to the cleaners to get cleaned and pressed since I knew they would do a better job pressing than I would. I bought a couple of nice new soft warm sweaters. You see I love my sweaters and the ones I do have are getting kind of old. I needed to pick up a razor as I had forgot to bring one and I decided the bum look was out. I made a quick trip to get my hairs cut and make me beautiful, well as much as anyone can. In short I managed to pull it together.

I also started the batteries charging, cleaned off the memory cards so there would be plenty of room for old familiar smiling faces. One can always use a few happy memories and why not preserve them forever.

The anticipation is almost to much. There is only one day to go. Hopefully all will go well.


Marshall: What kinda clothes do you got now?
Joe Banks: Well, I got the kinda clothes I'm wearing.
Marshall: So you got no clothes. -- Joe versus the Volcano
1 Comments:
Blogger barman said...

Thank you Dive_goddess. The evening did turn out to be pretty fun after all. It ended better than I ever thought was possible. It was great to see friends I have not seen in ages and to hook back up with some.

Thanks so much for the uplifting message. I do need a kick in the pants every now and then.

November 28, 2005 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home