Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Isn't she Amazing

A little breather before my fun night. Being down for the holidays was great. I love the ability to visit family for more than just a day or two. One of the things that happened was I was able to see my niece participate in a basketball tournament. Now she is not all that athletic but she has participated in a lot of different sports. She has lots of other interests also. Anyway it is always fun to see her do something. Well I was able to see her play a game on Friday. She was great. While she did not make a basket, she was great. I could not believe how much better she was doing than I ever remember. She was making plays, screening, passing, being aggressive, working as a team. In general I was so proud of her and how she was doing. I sure wish I lived closer.


They won their Friday game 9 to 8. Which sent them into their final game in the later time slot on Saturday. The Saturday game was interesting. The team they were playing were giants in comparison. Surely they would be slaughtered. Of course I reminded everyone that came to see her that they lost 1 or 2 games to get to where they were to begin with.

The game was interesting. Our team had a player, number 11, that was every were, all the time. She would chase down the opponent and just take the ball away. She would then break away and in the basket. The first quarter saw this happen many times. She was out the second quarter and in on and off in the third and fourth. She actually was passing the ball to a team mate on occasion which I have to believe kills someone like that.

My niece was more aggressive then the first game and not allowing herself to get trapped with the ball like the first game. Again no baskets but I was still very proud. She has come such a long ways. I am very excited for her. Way to go! I was so into the game and the funny thing is I don’t even like basketball. Of course I love my niece. Oh, I forgot to mention. We won.



“When we step on the floor every second that clock is ticking we are pedal to the metal, we run the ball we pressure the ball and most importantly we control the tempo of the game, we make them play Richmond Oiler ball.” - - Coach Carter
2 Comments:
Blogger barman said...

You are so right Sugarpunk. My Mom really would love to go see her grandchild but the winter is out with her lung disease. I am 100 miles away so I do not make it that often. My brother somehow just does not see how important it is to his neice. Oh well, it sure is a treat when ever I can be around.

November 28, 2005 4:12 PM  
Blogger barman said...

That sounded conceited or something. I guess it is a treat for my neice but I was actually talking about it being a treat for me.

November 28, 2005 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home