Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Sunday, November 27, 2005

The Breakfast Club or the Afterglow's Afterglow

I got back to my sisters home and caught up on a couple of things on the Internet before calling it a night. Two and a half hours later I ended back up. Even though the house has a lot of soundproofing, the bedrooms are upstairs, and I am in the furthest one away I always seem to be able to hear breakfast being prepared. I awoke to the sound of an potatos being chopped.

Something I learned at Thanksgiving really makes sense now. My brother-in-law always likes to make breakfast. Eggs, either scrambled or more often dipper with potatoes, bacon and toast. Always a great breakfast. What I learned is his Dad always did the same thing. Never any other meal and never something different but this was his thing. I say was as his Dad died quit a few years ago. It is a shame, I really liked Tex.

Anyway after breakfast I did some catching up on the Internet, helped move some furniture around and helped set up the Christmas trees. Next thing you know it was time to go. They learned that a friends Mom had died the day before Thanksgiving and they were heading out to the viewing.

I took the opportunity to head over to my parents. It turns out the turn back thermostat was not adjusted for regular time. It was still on daylight savings time. As a result the temperatures where changing at all the wrong time. A few minutes of playing with the thermostat and I have verified things were set correctly and fixed the weekend setting. Then I set the time. I think I need to buy them a thermostat for them that has a simple switch for the daylight savings change. After a quick visit I was on may way home and catching up on everything and get ready for the week. Next I need to deal with being tagged...I am not sure I even know 5 people that have not been tagged already.

I hope everyone had a great long holiday weekend. Back to the grind. Cheers to anyone reading.


Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. But we think you're crazy to make an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us... In the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain...and an athlete...and a basket case...a princess...and a criminal... Does that answer your question?... Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club. -- The Breakfast Club
2 Comments:
Blogger SignGurl said...

Not much is better than a hearty breakfast. Ok, maybe good sex but I like breakfast too.

I love the Breakfast Club. I remember watching it at the time, I was in high school, I didn't think it was that great. Now, as an adult, I realize that it summed up 95% of high school life. My grandmother even liked that movie.

November 28, 2005 9:09 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I love the movie myself. It is not the best ever but I really enjoy it. I never really thought about it but you are right about it touching on so much about High School.

So many times I skip breakfast or it is just something real simple. When I do have a full breakfast it is something to be enjoyed.

November 28, 2005 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home