Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Welcome to the New Year

2005 was fairly good to me. I had a tendency to friiter away the year, something I hope I can improve upon this year. I also had a health scare that, after many tests, turned out to be nothing they could explain. I also had a health problem that I will do something about in 2006.

It was in 2005 that I first heard about blogs and in September I started a blog ID and finally my blog in November. I have gotten to meet many super people this way and have never regetted it.




2006 will be an interesting year. Besides making the usuall resolutions to lose weight and exercise more (something my doctor says I really need to do) and taking better care of my teeth I am also just hoping to do for me. Get out and do stuff more often. Take a real vacation this year. Visit with the folks more and see if I can't lend a hand. I would love to say I will do more but I think I need to be more realistic. This is a good start.






This time of year is a perfect time to reflect upon where we have come from and to set goals for where we are heading. At the same time, however, we must never forget to live in the here and now. Never forget family friends and loved ones. Always remember that there may not be a tomorrow and make sure everyone knows how you feel about them. Should the end come tomorrow, try to make sure you will have no regrets. It is something that is easier said then done but at least strive for it.

It all starts by seting some goals and making some decisions.


Some decisions will not be easy to make.


Sometimes it will mean chosing the path less followed.


Sometimes there will be many obsticles in the way.


It will not always be easy going.

Sometimes no matter how much you plan and how hard you work toward it some goals will not be possible.


But always set your sights on what is ahead and keep striving for it because

in the end it will be rewarding to you and to those you care most about.


Best wishes to you and yours for a safe journey filled with pleasant surprises. Make 2006 a wonderful year, one you will never forget.


Well, the past is gone, I know that. The future isn't here yet, whatever it's going to be. So, all there is, is this. The present. That's it. -- Broken Flowers

12 Comments:
Blogger Zephyr said...

Great post! I love the pictures, and yes I always check out the little quote at the end of your posts. :)

I'm REALLY glad you started your blog in November... you're doing a great job with it.

I never make public resolutions. I do have something I'd like to do that's kind of private but I hate to make it public because I don't have a clue how to accomplish it, and I'm rather embarassed to admit that!

Anyway, Happy New Year!

January 01, 2006 7:02 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Thanks Lara. I generally do not tell people my resolutions either but maybe it will help me feel a little more obligated than I might otherwise.

If only the resolution were to make it out to that club you and the hubby did last year more often. I am sure I could help there. LOL

Good luck with realizing what it is you would like to do this year. Hey keep in mind there is probably someone out there that you could turn to that has either been there, done that or wanted to what ever we are talking about here. I am sure you have tons of friends and aqaintances that you could turn to.

I hope your new year is everything last year was and much, much more.

January 01, 2006 7:19 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Very nice post Bryan! You put a lot of thought and time into it and it's greatly appreciated.

January 01, 2006 8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post and pictures Bryan, I especially like the year 2005 in the sideview mirror.

tc

January 02, 2006 7:39 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I seriously believe that we put way too much emphasis on "New Year Resolutions" when we can do these at any given time.

First of all---health is one of the biggest things that we need to focus on- and that's great that you're doing that. I wish you good luck with your health!

Happy New Year and always remember, we need to forgive ourselves when we slip up. It happens--but get back on the saddle and try try again!

Great post!

January 02, 2006 1:56 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you Jenn. It was fun finding the pictures.

TC, the whole year in the mirror started out as the old year in the rear view mirror and the new year in the windshield symbolizing moving forward. I just could not pass up that side mirror however. Everything else just seemed to happen. Thank you.

Deb I agree about the resolutions. Something simular on a lesser scale is someone that says they will start a diet on Monday. Why not start it now?

I lost a lot of weight before (and put it back on because of becoming depressed) but I found out set goals, lots of them and track the goals to see how you are doing. If you eat the wrong thing, no problem just get started again right now, not tomorrow or next week but now. Finally exercise is very important. I think I will do just fine. Thank you Deb.

January 02, 2006 3:36 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Loved this post babe.. especially the mirror pics. :)

Here's to you and a wonderful year ahead.

January 02, 2006 4:15 PM  
Blogger mkecurler said...

Very cool post & great photos! Happy New Year!
Using my new broom tomorrow night (women'sleague night.

as with you, i'm doing the weight loss thing. Should be interesting. I started out so well last year. I've managed to keep the weight i lost off, but more needs to go.

January 02, 2006 10:32 PM  
Blogger wmy said...

I swear, you come up with the neatest things for your blog...and lucky for me, you are willing to share your knowledge with the rest of us poor saps! LOL...You have a great attitude about life, and I a sure things will be great for you in '06! BTW, about that little quote on the bottom...what or who is Broken Flowers? Just wonderin...

January 03, 2006 12:42 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Hi Wendy, Broken Flower was a summer movie from last year (2005) with Bill Murray. I did not see it myself. I just did a IMDB (www.imdb.com) keyword search to find something appropriate and I found that. Here is the description of the movie from IMDB:

"As the devoutly single Don Johnston (Murray) is dumped by his latest girlfriend (Delpy), he receives a anonymous pink letter informing him that he has a son who may be looking for him. The situation causes Don to examine his relationships with women instead of moving on to the next one, and he embarks on a cross-country search for his old flames who might possess clues to the mystery at hand."

I don't go holding it out in front of people. If I ever have anything that I know I love to share it with people. I am that way at work too. Of course I come from a techy background and sometimes I may not be the easiest to understand but I am always willing to share.

January 03, 2006 2:22 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you Wenchy and Laurie. I started with the idea of the mirror and the windshield and it just grew from there. I had a fun time doing it.

January 03, 2006 2:31 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Okay baby.. the pics were excellent but we needing a bit of an update today, okay?

January 04, 2006 4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home