Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Boing

I don't know how you have your blogs set up but there is the abililty to have an email sent to yourself when someone leaves a comment. Well lately I have noticed that blogger has been getting slow sometimes, really slow. Then everything seemed OK.

This evening I had something interesting happen. I had several email message sent back to me undeliverable from several different people. The first one was a surprise and I was not sure I wanted to open it. After all I did not rememeber sending something that should be being returned. I chanced it and open the email. There was something I had posted to someone elses blog. That was followed by another message from the same person. Not to long after that I received yet another message only this time from someone else. Now the thing that these had in common is both people were using aol for email. But when I loooked that did was not true for one of them. She seemed to be using hotmail. Why was I getting something from aol about a bounced message for someone that does not have an aol account? Is it blogger? Is it me somehow?

Anyway I thought I would mention it in case you notice something strange to. Blogger, got to love it when it works but sometimes it is just plain weird.


The wonderful thing about tiggers / Is tiggers are wonderful things / Their tops are made out of rubber / Their bottoms are made out of springs / They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy fun, fun, fun, fun, fun / But the most wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one
-- The Tigger Movie
8 Comments:
Blogger SignGurl said...

Blogger is being all bleah! I don't know what's going on. I have a feeling that something may also be going on with AOL since I'm not getting all of my emails.

I have had the worst time getting my posts and comments to post. I was thinking that it could also be my ISP.

I really don't know. Gigi is having the same problem with her comments getting to her.

I'm baffled too!

January 10, 2006 10:18 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Is blogger darling, not you.

January 11, 2006 10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had worms coming out of my monitor..LOL
seriously, same thing here but the posts are still posting and yeah I love the email notification thing..I'm an email whore, I just love opening up email and get the thrill of watching the blue mail tray loading up...
I get all excited like a kid on Christmas day....but no new messages give me the sniffles.

January 11, 2006 6:08 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Oh weird. You know, my blogger comments are lagging when they are delivered to my email account. The weird thing about your post today- is that I DID receive TEN undeliverable emails----BUT-----I didn't open it, because usually it's spam---sometimes they come in that mailer-deamon form---and I never open it. Now I'm curious.

Thanks for the update!

January 11, 2006 7:48 PM  
Blogger barman said...

It looks like it was blogger and now it seems to be doing much better.

Top Cat I have seen you all excited before. Let me share some of my spam with you. OK, that would not be nice.

Deb, I have really not been getting undeliverables except for those that my email flagged as spam. I eventually opened one that was not in the spam folder and it was a message the was legit being bounced back to me. I had about 5 in all. It turned out they happened to be to AOL but I am not sure that means anything. My guess would be that those were comments you left for people on their blogs being returned undeliverable. I must admit however it is a bad idea to open those kind of messagesm especially lately. It would appear that email and blogger are doing much better now.

January 11, 2006 8:49 PM  
Blogger barman said...

My reply that I just entered above got sent to my email in 6 seconds. Not bad. Yes, I think blogger is feeling much better.

January 11, 2006 8:50 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I'm still not getting my post emailed to me!

January 11, 2006 9:28 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Jenn, the one emailed me in 6 seconds. The next one took more like 6 minutes. I guess it is still a little squirly.

January 11, 2006 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home