Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Thursday, January 12, 2006

I Was Pinned Today

Nope, I was not wrestling. No I did not have my airline tickets pinned to me (long story but the general idea, I lost my tickets on a business trip once and the next time work pinned them to me). I didn't get forced to take the rap for something. I did not join a fraternity or anything.

Work decided it was time to recognize the employees for their amount of service. It was nice enough. They had some nice fruit, veggies, sweets and other interesting things to snack upon. The bosses boss made a speach about what was happening. The bosses, bosses bosses (is that bosses twice removed?) were there to make a nice speech about being thankful for the service everyone has provided and then they proceeded to take the employees that had been there between 5 and 32 years (she must have been a baby when she started working here) in reverse order, presented a pin representing the amount of service 5, 10, 15, 20, or 25+ years, had our pictures taken with the bosses, bosses, bosses after shaking their had and receiving their thanks.

It is a silly little thing. I know at first there were a lot of gripes from people. Of course everyone would always like to have a bonus or a raise or maybe a gift or real nice plaque but it still was a nice gesture. I am actually looking forward to getting that picture framed and placed on the wall at work, why not?

Well that was it, a short ceramony, a bunch of people were recognized, I placed my pin on that represented the 17+ years I have been there and the event was done in less in an hour and a half. We will see if they follow up on this in 3 years when I should be getting a 20 year pin.

So I thought I would share a picture of me dressed up. That never happens. I really do not like ties and I avoid suits as much as possible but just this once. What an interesting day all and all. I hope everyone had a nice day.



What's that on your chest mister?
It's a Pledge Pin sir.
A Pledge Pin, on your Uniform?
--Animal House
6 Comments:
Blogger SignGurl said...

You look SO nice all dressed up like that.

Congrats on the pin and all your hard years of service. You deserve the accolades.

January 12, 2006 9:11 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Oh don't go and say that or I will have to wear that monkey suit all the time.

I think it is always good to recognize all the work people do. Take someone in business, where would they be without their executive assistant or even someone keeping the office clean. I try to do what I can and I think I have done OK. It is nice to be appreciated.

Thank you Jenn

January 12, 2006 10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrat's Bryan(standing applause),
Tc

January 13, 2006 6:24 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you Tc. The first five years were the hardest. Piece of cake after that.

January 13, 2006 6:36 AM  
Blogger mkecurler said...

Congrats to you! That is amazing! You have to like your job to be there that long!

the company i work for, you only get pins for the usual 5,10 15, etc and a plaque. What's neat is the catalouge where you can order one item- you get that at 5, 10, 20 and 25. When you hit 25 years, they have this special club where you get really cool perks (golf outings, hotel stays, etc.) and Iknow 6 people in that club- and you stay in it for life! I'm close to 10 yrs. don't know if I'll get to the 25....

January 13, 2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Hey you look all grown up, dressed up... unlike those guitar pics of the other day! LOL

January 13, 2006 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home