Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Wednesday Morning, 3 a.m

Road Rally?

I just had a rather strange idea when I was looking at Sabatkes blog. Have you ever participated in a road rally? You start out at one location. You are given your first clue that points you to a location. You then drive there and find another clue which you solve and then move on to where that points, etc. You do this over many hours and in an area that’s set aside. There may also be some special credit also. The last clue points you back to where the party is. You are judged on how many things you got correct and how fast you did it. Points are added up and a winner is declared.

What if we were to try something like that in the blog world? I have not thought out the details as it is late but I thought I would post it and see if anyone can help think it through.

I think what we would have is one person starts it all out like lets say SignGurl. She has a clue as a Post that is put up about the same time everyone else (5 to 10 people) puts up their clue. Everyone goes there to start. Now you figure out the clue and that points you to the next blog site. I think when you visit the site you post something on the comment to prove you where there. On the last site you post (or possibly email) your worked out clues so people can be sure you did not just wander around and not actually be following the clues. There would not be any winner other than just the fact that you participated.

Now I do not have it all worked out. I do not know if anyone would want to try that. If not, I had a fun time thinking of the possibilities. Even if we do not do this, how about some ideas how it could be done?


Yeah, Blue Monday. Followed by Broke Tuesday, followed by Disasters Wednesday. From there the rest of the week go DOWN HILL. --Good Times
7 Comments:
Blogger Ms. M said...

Holy Moly...That could keep a blogger busy! Save it for a weekend when most are free and I bet you'll get some takers! I would do it! I need some excitement in my life. Wow, I'm really an internet nerd huh?

January 18, 2006 5:04 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Yay! You're in my time zone!

January 18, 2006 5:26 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I think there is a little planning that would need to be done and we would need the cooperation of a few people but I think people could have a fun time with this.

January 18, 2006 5:49 PM  
Blogger -darlanger said...

hi barman! a friend told me about your blog! cool! i like your blog! ;-) visit my blog at www.satrianna7.blogspot.com . thnx! bye!

January 18, 2006 6:02 PM  
Blogger mkecurler said...

I'm totally in. Maybe we should have a communal blog so the rules will always be in place and it could be used as a starting point!

January 18, 2006 11:27 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Hi Satriana, I checked out your blog. Looking good so far.

January 18, 2006 11:30 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Good idea Sabatkes. So far I am at a loss how we would point the person to the next blog. In the road rally what happened is you got a small phrase when you solved something that you then either knew or looked up in a phone book. That will not work here. There are a few things to figure out I think but ideas, yes ideas would be great. Thank you.

January 18, 2006 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home