Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

What did I do wrong?

All right, blogger and I are not speaking and here is why.

I tried to post something on Monday and somehow I guess I never saved it. There was nothing there, no where, not even a draft.

OK, take two on Tuesday. I spent about 1 1/2 hours typin in my post. I was about to copy the post and and post it. Somehow the system selected everything and DELETED IT. Recovery only got back about a 1/4 of it. I do not know if was me or my machine or somehow the Internet but I really hate to redo things.

So a question. When you are putting together a post do you do it using the dashboard editor and then post it or do you do something else like I was thinking of. Draft in something else like a work processor, spell check (a must for me), copy and paste into the Dashboard editor and then make changes like adding links, changing font or font size, color, etc. using the controls in the editor and then post.

When you are putting together a post do you save drafts as you go or just do it in one shot and not wory about losing things? Do you use something else as a tool?

I was just hoping for a little advice. These last few days have been very dissapointing to say the least. Anyway thanks for any help.


Well, 'under consideration' means we've lost the file, 'under active consideration' means we're trying to find it. --Yes, Minister
2 Comments:
Blogger Crabby said...

Ahhh, yes. The hateful runaway post.

I post directly into the new post thingy until I loose one or two. then I get irritated and started typing out my posts in an open e-mail and cut and paste it over. After enough time goes by that I've forgotten about losing my posts (say 15 minutes) I go right back to posting directing into the new post thing.


Thanks for the visist! And don't be a stranger. I'm off to get coffee. My brain functions better after that first cup.

January 25, 2006 8:12 AM  
Blogger jungle jane said...

Always an editor - it's rare that i finish a post in one go. i work on it, think a bit....maybe research a few vile things to go with it...come back, tweak it up. that's why i only post every few days...its a hobby to be savoured at leisure.

i usually write in Microsoft Word or on an Outlook email which i save as draft:-)

January 27, 2006 6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home