Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Here's John

I just found out last week that someone I used to work with has started his own blog. John Goacher and I started out sharing an office 17 years ago. During that time we not only worked together but we also became drinking buddies and eventually I became his groupie/roadie as he started playing at various open mikes and then started providing entertainment at several places around town.




Now there are several things you should know about John. First, he was born and raised in Yorkshire, England. As a result of proper upbringing in England John takes a lot of things series such as his ale and his grammar. Don't get him started on Get, Got, and Gotten. Second, John is an entertainer. Not only has he played in England and the United States but he has recorded an album and several tapes. John is very personable and regardless if he is playing guitar and singing or just telling a joke he just pulls you right in. That is why I refer to him as an entertainer. I loved what he shared with the audience between songs every bit as much as the songs themselves. Finally John is a writer and painter and I am sure much more than I realize.

I suspect that John will be an interesting blog to check in on. If you wish to see what he is up to you can find him over at Tykonia. Looking forward to seeing you around John.


I was born in 1936 in Castleford, Yorkshire. You'll find it on the map - I'm the bugger that put it there. Where we lived, all the fellers were coal-miners. Except me dad - he was a full-time, fully-paid-up, fully-fledged bastard.--Spend Spend Spend
4 Comments:
Blogger John C. Goacher said...

Ta very much for the plug, Bar. I found out a few things about myself.

The cheque is in the post.

February 01, 2006 9:08 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Never a good sign when the person you are posting about finds surprises.

February 01, 2006 11:35 AM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

mmm not sure if John will enjoy my very English giving it a bit of that... LOL

February 01, 2006 1:39 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Hay, he may grumble but he does not bite. He is fun. Besides you have something in common. He has a brother that moved to South Africa back in the early 1970s.

February 01, 2006 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home