Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, April 28, 2006

Gone Fishin'



Well not really fishing but I am off. Hey, hey, hey, that is not what I meant but yes I can be a little bit twisted too. I am off on vacation. It officially started at 4:45 yesterday when I finally dragged myself out of work.

The last few days have been interesting with cleaning (house still looks like a tornado hit it), making sure there is nothing to spoil in the fridge, laundry, grass care, buying a vehicle that will get me down to my destination and back, and playing on the Internet and blog land because I so did not want to do much of that. Besides, I was so amused watch M-E give birth (actually that would be Crabby and Milkmade but...) to a new blog that I just could not look away.



Well also I have a confession to make. I will probably lose my Mens Club Card

for admitting this but ... gasp ... I was reading the instructions for my camera a little and MY MINI VAN.

It has been a long time since I have driven something even remotely close to being new. Since when did the owners manual turn into a novel rivaling War and Peace or Hawaii 50? This darn thing is between 200 and 300 pages long. I have been reading for some time and I still don't know how to use the cruse control. What do I know now ... OK, check this out ... you can make a copy of my key and try and start my car with it. Within a few seconds it will turn itself off because it knows it is not the correct key. So how do you copy keys. OK, now the freaky part comes and I am doing this from memory so I hope I am mistaken. First you need two good keys and a blank that has been cut to fit your car (piece of cake). Now place one of the origional keys into the lock and turn it to the on position for at least 5 seconds but not more than 15 seconds. Then turn the key off but you are not done yet. Lather, rinse repeat you know. Repeat the previous 3 more times being sure to have it on for at least 2 seconds but not more than 5 seconds. (I think someone who wrote this manual had a sense of humor) We are still not done. Now remove the key and place the second good key in the ignition. Turn it on for a few seconds and back off and then remove it. (I am out of breath, is anyone else?) Now place your blank into the ignition and turn it on and finally, FINALLY, you will have a programmed key to use for the car. I am taking this darn owners manual with me. I am afraid I will get part way on my trip and the car will ask me to do something I have no clue how to do. What ever happened to the simple days of the Plymouth Valiant or Plymouth Champ I owned. Mommey!



Well I finished most of what I needed to do last night except for packing. I hate packing! SO I decided I got to treat myself not only to dinner (finally) but also to a nice treat. I drove over to the the little town near by and stopped at the local ice cream parlor. I think this place was a Dairy Queen in a past life as they carry most of the same things. I got a thing some places call a freeze where you blend together a slushi (in this case cherry) and some ice cream. I eat almost half of it before I could get home and make something for dinner. Good thing my Mom does not read blogs as I am sure I would get in trouble for having desert before dinner.




Well now here I am updating a long over due blog instead of PACKING. I spoke to my travel agent, ~Lara, and if I don't get this done and get on the road soon I am going to miss my window to avoid the nasty traffic. Why do I hate packing so much? Oh well, I guess I better get down to business and get cracking. Kentucky Derby hear I come. Well actaully I just go down to soak up the weather, visit with my friends, participate in some Derby Festival events and get the heck away from work for a little while. I have only actually been to the Derby once but that does not matter.

So everyone have a great week. I will try and write and visit when I can (of course I am taking a computer) and I will be back in 11 days. Oh by the way, this is my 19th year doing this. Shute, Roxi was probably in kinergarden back than and probably just about to break some boys heart for the first time.


Whew! He must have used up half of his vacation, just trying to leave! --Potsworth & Company
14 Comments:
Blogger Crabby said...

You read manuals? I never read them. I just start punching buttons and see what happens. LOL!

And I ALWAYS eat desert before dinner if I can. You got that from me.

HAVE THE BEST TIME EVER on your vacation. And of course, you must check in often. Be safe and stay outa jail! If you can't call Tumbleweed. She has bail money saved for all of us for those rare occasions when....you know...we forget ourselves momentarily.

April 28, 2006 2:54 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Have a fabulous time!!!!

April 28, 2006 3:49 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Have a great time and always-always-always eat dessert first. Think of all of those people on the Titanic who decided to eat dinner first....

April 28, 2006 5:54 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Barmen, have fun and stay safe.
When i bought my car the dealer gave me keys and a little chip.
The salesman said "don't lose this as you will need it if you ever lose your keys".
I got scairt.

April 28, 2006 6:04 PM  
Blogger Roxi said...

babe I hope you have the best time ever! I am soooo excited for you!

Your friggin awsome babe!

April 28, 2006 6:21 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

rain! i didn't see any rain at the wal-mart

April 29, 2006 6:27 PM  
Blogger barman said...

The walmart on this end was pretty dry too m-e.

You keep telling me stuff like that Roxi and I might even believe you. Of course we all know you are awesome Roxi but I think that is just a given.

M-E, when I got my vehicle they gave me FOUR keys, yes count them FOUR and two key phobes. I am set for life.

Sign Gurl, no desert today. I think I am being punished. Good point about the titanic. I so have to remember that.

Hey Sal, I will tell them you sent me. I have been doing this about forever and all I can say is I like it. It is much more my speed than say California or New York but then I have never properly visited either yet.

Hi Wenchy, I am working on it. Sorry I have been away but with a little time on my hands for a vacation I think it is time to pick up where I left off. What you been up to? That birthday is sneeking up, just a little over a month I believe.

Crabby, I am afraid I got other things from you two. When I do not want to do something I am real good about doing nothing. I was a master not packing for my vacation. Tumbleweed, got it. My friend has Printshop so I can put together this small project I am working on. Hopefully it will be fun. I think I am going to be dangerous. How does that laugh go again?

April 29, 2006 7:29 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

i need a vacation
and beer

April 29, 2006 7:32 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Let me shoot you that beer but you may just have to turn the weekend into a mini vacation.

April 29, 2006 7:41 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

I thought that i would be able to go on vacation this year, but i received unofficial info from work friday afternoon right before i left (JOY!!!!) so i probably won't be able to take time off again untill Christmas. That's ok though because the news was greeeeeat and I love Christmas

April 29, 2006 7:45 PM  
Blogger barman said...

See you are so imposrtant they can't do without the stuffy you. Hey there will be plenty of time for vacation next year. But then there is Christmas. Woo hoo!

April 30, 2006 9:33 AM  
Blogger Manny said...

I noticed that you have visited me today.
The Squirrel and I were out doing our Sunday morning meeting stuff.
Had a great day, but I am glad to be home now.

April 30, 2006 4:48 PM  
Blogger jungle jane said...

Have a great time! I hope you don't mind me using your gentleman's club membership while you are away??!!

April 30, 2006 10:48 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Any time Jane. I have a feeling the stories you would tell would be well worth giving the card to you.

May 01, 2006 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home