Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Saturday, April 22, 2006

I did Say Practicle

Not to disapoint but I did say practicle. This is the vehicle I will be calling my own sometime on Monday. It is a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport minivan. There are several paint scrapes that I may just run past a body shop I know of to get started on the right foot. I might be able to buff it out or apply some of the "magic" stuff to get rid of it but I plan on keeping this for a while so why play around with it. Other than that the tires are about new. Same with the breaks. The interior looks in good shape. It runs great and everything except the lift motor seems to work. As a whole it is a pretty clean vehicle.


I know this is not a Crabby mobile which I must say is awesome looking. It is not the car that Sign Gurl would own if she had a choice. To bad I could not take kid duties and you could get a car that you would really like to have! It is not purple as Roxi seemed to think was an OK color. It is red however which was a part of the Crabcake criteria and the cup holders are plentiful and they even take the really large drinks.

Now I love red but I had told myself I would not have another red car. I didn't listen. I'll get over it. I am going to keep my current vehicle and put on the work and shopping kind of miles on it. When it gets to expensive to own I will get rid of it. I may be addicted to having a second vehicle at that point. If that happens then the next vehicle will be a car. For now, however, I am happy to be getting a newer socker Mom mini van. I wonder if there are any eligable socker Moms out there needing a lift? Could be interesting.


Oh, no. Trouble has arrived on the wings of a tacky mini-van. --Stuck in the Suburbs
15 Comments:
Blogger Wenchy said...

Very nice. :)

April 23, 2006 1:08 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

She's pretty! I'm assuming it's a she.

April 23, 2006 5:07 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

You'll be a hit with all the soccer MILFs with that baby. Good luck. ;-)

April 23, 2006 11:46 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you Wenchy. I like to think it is pretty nice.

Sign Gurl, with curves like that how could the van be anything other than a she. Ihave always called cars she but interestingly I have never given one a name.

Thank you BTE. We can't all be lucky and snag someone like Lori. This could be fun.

April 24, 2006 7:54 AM  
Blogger Crabby said...

I think it rocks out! When we trade our reg car in we need to get something like this so we'll have a good winter car and a car big enough to move large things. I like the red and I'm jealous of the cup holders. My cup holders are pitiful. Let me know how you like this after you start driving it around because we may end up twins on this one some time next year.

April 24, 2006 3:56 PM  
Blogger Roxi said...

Hey.. Its cuter then I thought it would be.. good choice babe!

April 24, 2006 4:08 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

I've just introduced my sis at the cowpie field. Go say hello, K? She's nervous. LOL! (she should be. I'm her techie support)

April 24, 2006 8:48 PM  
Blogger mkecurler said...

I think my hubby is buying a magnum or charger. he's been talkning it up lately.....

April 25, 2006 9:59 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Did Crabby mention that she let me take my driving test in her car when i was 16? Yeah, back then she drove a Dodge Colt, red.
By the way, she didn't go to bed, she found me and even added an avatar. I promise never to doubt Crabby again. OK, I'm tired now.
Luvya Barman

April 26, 2006 11:02 PM  
Blogger barman said...

No way. Back in 1980 I had a Plymouth Champ which is brothers or cousins of the colt only mine was blue. I loved that car but it was strange at first because it was a stick shift and I had never drove a stick before.

Take care M-E

April 26, 2006 11:12 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I demand a new post!!!!!! ahahahahahaha!

April 27, 2006 5:56 PM  
Blogger John C. Goacher said...

Jeez oh Pete's Brian,

come on. Chicks want a Jag XKR or XK8. There's some down here, four or five years old for about what you'd pay for your minivan (new). And they are a trip to drive. But then...it's a long trip. But you still have hair to blow in the breeze (I'm jealous of that). And who wants a soccer-Mom? How about a fashion-model? Don't cut yourself short, pal.

BTW - it's your round next time we meet up.

April 27, 2006 9:05 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Barman, M-E thinks that you should get a GTO Judge, what a 65 or was that 66?
I do like the thought of having all of that space though.
My fav color is red.
Just listen to that Denny, he is sooo on to us.
Should I go back to anonymous?
he he

April 27, 2006 9:40 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Oh yea barman, I have been to Michigan. Up to Platte Lake to go salmon fishing. Had a blast. At night it would get so dark, I had no idea that there were that many stars in the sky. Have you ever been?

April 27, 2006 9:42 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Denny, nothing I am telling you, nothing is goind on ... oh M-E!!! Hey if I thought I could fit into a MG Midget that would be fun.

Sign Gurl, I will put up something but what I have been working on may have to wait til I get down to Kentucky. I don't have the program I need and I know my friends do. Now if I can only figure out Print Shop.

Gogo, I would be so out of place with a fashion model. I have never been near a Jag other than one driving by. I don't know.

M-E, I don't know about a GTO. Wow, that is two of you that like red. It has been my fave for as long as I can remember. If Denny is concerned I think he just needs to step up to the plate. Oh Denny!

I have not been to Platte lake but our UP is awesome for stars and things. I once saw the Nothern Lights in Houghton. I had no idea they could be so strong and wonderful.

April 28, 2006 12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home