Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Name Droper

For those of you who missed the Michigan Blogger Meetup this weekend you missed a fun time and a bunch a super fellow bloggers.

I showed just in time to catch the end of happy hour. Sign Gurl and BTExpress were there already. First let me say Sign Gurl is every bit as super of a person as I thought she would be. BTExpress, or former Michigander and now a New Yorker, was fascinating and fun just a touch naughty. Even if I did not meet anyone else this trip would be a success. We had dinner while waiting for the others to show up. I decided to follow BTExpress's lead and have the salmon meal. I must say it was yummy.

Cutie was next to show up. I only just noticed Cutie around the blogs recently. I so enjoyed getting to meet and know her a little. She is a great person and I am so glad I got to meet her. I look forward to hearing about her vacation. I have added her to my must read list.

Jon was next to arrive. I only just noticed Jon in the last week. I was fascinated about his moving experience and the fact that he was coming here from Colorado. He was at the second table and I do not do real well in a bar so I did not get to know him real but between that and the activities after we left the bar I just know I need to add Jon on to my list of people to get to know.

Croaker showed up next. I have never read his blog but I have certainly seen his hooded avatar around enough. I found him to be one of the most interesting persons. He talked a little bit about how he started anonymous and has just kept it going since. He asked some of the most interesting questions like why do you blog? We will visit that in a second.

Finally Roxi and Dan showed up. Now I knew Roxi was the shit as she has told us that but she was all that and more. What a super person. She started off by telling every that she really does say "fuck" that often and went from there. It was exciting to get to meet her. She was every bit as much fun as I thought she would be. Dan was holding his own despite the fact that he is not a blogger. I must say I don't think if it were me that I would have been able to make it to the bar. He had just drove in from Texas and I was amazed he lasted as long as he did. I must say that Dan and Roxi really made a good looking couple.

Now the question about why do you blog. Everyone had different reasons just like I have noticed people when people mention it on their blog. For me it was to meet people. Now I am talking about meeting them online, not in person like the blogger gathering was. I find it fascinating meeting people, especially those from outside the United States. One crazy person I have visited many times is Jungle Jane from the Land Down Under. Of course Jungle Jane is originally from the UK as are many other people I have bumped into out in the Small World. There is also Wenchy from South Africa. What a super person she is. There are so many more that I visit at least occasionally and many of which I don't even know where they are fun. So basically meeting people is why I blog.

Part way through the evening we decided to go up to the rooms and finish out the night up there. So everyone headed up to Sign Gurl's room and the evening went down hill from there. The first thing was Sign Gurl cranked up the tunes on her MP3 player and the jello shots made an appearance. Now fist let me say that Sign Gurl is probably going to how much bigger her jello shots were then mine. That funny, I hardly noticed. I suppose they could have been just a touch bigger but... OK, so mine were 3/4 ounce and hers were probably 2 ounces so even though I made almost 3 times as many shots, Sign Gurl made probably as much or slightly more than I did and where they GOOD! I especially loved the technique that Roxi used to get the Jello out, that is all that I am saying. By the way I am leaving details out because "what goes on in Ann Arbor stays in Ann Arbor." Where have I heard that before?

Sign Gurls bed was a popular spot for the evening as you have no doubt heard on her blog and Roxi blog or seen on the Michigan Meetup blog. Throughout the remainder of the night Sign Gurl was making sure no one ran out of shots and the conversation kept flowing. Sometime after midnight we started to lose people and finally the remainder of us were calling it a night sometime after 3:00 AM.

For pictures and comments go check out some of the other blogs mentioned and maybe someone will fill us in on Saturday night. It was certainly a lot of fun and I really hope another get together happens soon. Hopefully we will see more people there next time around.


Mary Kane is a very hot name to drop in Washington right now. They are practically frothing at the mouth for her. --Spooks
18 Comments:
Blogger barman said...

I forgot to mention a couple of things, imagine that. First it was very strange meeting Sign Gurl. Here was someone I was meeting for the first time and yet I already knew so much about her. I knew a few things that some friends may not even know. It was a definite odd feeling but very enjoyable indeed.

Second one of the things I found interesting is hearing people talk about blogging. I mean one thing that is interesting is when you mention blogs people usually do not know what you are talking about or have a very wrong idea. When I left work early I just said I was going to meet friends in Ann Arbor. So it was kind of interesting to be able to talk about some things that you might not normally be able to speak about.

April 02, 2006 5:07 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Things got pretty crazy, huh? You were just as I had imagined you to be as was everyone else.

I don't know when I've had as exciting of a weekend! Let's do it again, soon.

April 02, 2006 7:36 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Barman... your shot were firmer than Signgirl's... SO I think (in this case anyway) size does not matter. The apple cinnamon jello shots kicked ass.

It was great to meet you!

April 03, 2006 12:32 AM  
Blogger Crabby said...

sigh. I missed such a good time. DRATS!

But I sure am happy for you guys. You're right too Barman, it would be so cool to be in a room full of bloggers who understand every word you say about blogging. LOL! I can't even imagine not getting weird looks when I say, LMAO.

April 03, 2006 8:26 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Jon, you know you liked my shots! Admit it.

April 03, 2006 9:40 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Crabcake, I hope you show up next time or just take your car out for a quick spin around the block. Sign Gurl or I would be glad to send you directions.

Jon the shots were both great. If either one of us did not bring any then we would have run out. Besides it was only the orange ones that did not set up. Those must have been some crazy shots. Didn't SG put any water in those orange ones.

Sign Gurl I loved everyone there for different reasons. I think it turned out great. I can't wait for thex next one either. As to the shots I think my red ones were scary. All the rest of mine turned out pretty good and all of your did too. If we would have headed up to the rooms sooner it might have been really ugly on Saturday.

April 03, 2006 9:57 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

Barman, it was a pleasure meeting you and look forward to seeing you and all the rest again. What was with that elevator anyway? We delayed the party by a good 10 minutes because of that thing.

April 03, 2006 10:22 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I think the elevator could not handle all the Jello Shots. I never did say thanks but thanks a lot for helping get the Jello Shots up to the party BTE. You're the best. Well that and what you did with the shirt. Wowzer!

April 03, 2006 10:25 PM  
Blogger mkecurler said...

I feel so left out livin' on the other side of the lake!!!

Wahhhhh! No fair!!!!!

April 03, 2006 10:52 PM  
Blogger barman said...

All the posts I have seen you do Sabatkes, you have a great time there too. Hey when we do it again maybe you can get the SO to make a trip to town and bring you along. We would love to have you!

April 03, 2006 10:57 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I also wanna visit!!!!

April 04, 2006 3:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bryan buddy, glad you guys had such a good time, between reading signgurl's account w/pictures and now yours it was nice ya'll got to hook up.
I'm not much of a jello shot kinda guy so I guess I lucked out in a way, but who could say no to the gurl with the beautiful blue eyes..Jenn

April 04, 2006 1:55 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I would love to have you over Wenchy. It would be fabulous.

Roxi, I am glad Dan was right there ... I don't know otherwise. ;) Kidding ... Dan is the man!

Top Cat, people did not realize but there was snacks, liquor and pop there as well so we would have had you covered. Sorry, no fancy horsedovers.

April 04, 2006 3:39 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Sounds like you had a great time!

I'm not even that far from you--DAMNIT.

April 04, 2006 9:41 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Hey KB, I am sure it will happen again most likely in the summer so there may be hope. I am sure it will be even better. If we can can get Roxi and Sign Gurl and toss in Crabcake ... the party will be off the hook. Everyone else was awesome too but I got the feeling those three ...

April 04, 2006 11:02 PM  
Blogger John C. Goacher said...

Man, am I glad I moved out of Michigan by 1240 miles (but who's counting?) or I'd still be nursing a hangover. And I remember how Barman loves his Long Island Iced teas.

April 05, 2006 10:49 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Mmm...Long Island Iced Tea. Is it Friday yet?

April 06, 2006 6:42 PM  
Blogger barman said...

The incident that Gogo is talking about I had 6 long Island Ice Tea's in one sitting. Luckily I was in my prime as far as drinking goes. Unfortunetly I knew the bartender and she made some real good Ice Teas. I ended up driving home that night but I should never have got near the wheel. I got home in one piece somehow but never again. They were yummy however.

April 06, 2006 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home