Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, March 17, 2006

I Got a Fever

I got a fever and the only perscription is more cowbell



Well actually, I do have a fever but not for more cowbell. I do love that Saturday Night Love skit however even more than bass-o-matic.

The fever I have is for March Madness. It is funny, I do not follow basketball. I probably only watch 6 games throught the year but... but Mach Madness is different. This year I entered two pools. Will I win? Hey I am just happy if I do not finish last. To me I just enjoy how quickly all the games go by and love tracking the results. Many years I had a spread sheet that predicted how people were doing and what was the best they could do. Now, CBS Sportsline does that for me. Now my spreadsheet did a little more than that but it was a lot of work to set up so I am happy not to have to do it.


So far I was winning in one pool and tied in the other for like 5 seconds. Now I am middle of the pack and probably sinking fast. That is OK but I am doing this just for fun. If I were to try and win I probably would not win and I would not enjoy myself.

Other than that I have been spending to much time online so I have been trying to back that up and hopefully get to bed at a reasonable time. Of course March Madness is not helping.

I thought I would stop by and wish everyone a nice weelend.

I must admit I find this all a bit mystifying. Do people really care this much about a basketball game? --Frasier

4 Comments:
Blogger SignGurl said...

I have missed seeing your shining face!

Have a great weekend!

March 17, 2006 6:52 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

I love the Frasier quote!

Hey Mr. B. Hope you well... what's with having fever dammit?

March 18, 2006 8:50 AM  
Blogger mkecurler said...

I've got the madnesss too! My bracket is not damaged too bad- so I can still win! I have Uconn taking it all with Texas in the showdown!

March 18, 2006 3:45 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I will try an pop in more and see if I can not get my online time more under control SignGurl. I do miss everyone.

Wenchy, I thought this was good for this time of year. People do love their basketball especially down south and they take it very serious. I am that way with hockey. As to the fever it is only on the weekends and only for three weekends a year so I will be fine in another couple of weeks.

Sabatkes I am in two pools with both almost the same. I picked Duke vs UCon with Duke going all the way. I know, no imagination on my part. I have had 7 games wrong so far but none have hurt me much yet. In the one bracket I am 4th out of 11 with the ability to get the third highest possible score. In the other I am tied for 1st with 3 other people out of 14 people with the ability to get the highest possible score. I have no idea why I am doing so well. Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket.

March 18, 2006 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home