Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Saturday, March 04, 2006

What an Awesome Day

What an awesome day in my little corner of the world. The squirrels are chasing each other through the trees, the birds are chirping which I do not believe I have heard much of at all this winter. The sun is out nice and strong and has melted a lot of snow and boy does it feel nice and warm. Today has sping written all over it.





Of course it is only just above freezing but still you feel like it will be time for everything to start greening up soon and time to plant flowers and vegetables for the new year. Of course it is still at least a month and a half off but today promises a better time coming soon. So is it really all that nice out or is it just me. Either way, what an awesome day.


Greetings, Cicely, on this most exceedingly beautiful spring morning. A morning swollen with new life, a morning on which, if I had the voice, I would let loose with song. It's hard to believe just a few short weeks ago we were eating our cornflakes in the wintry dark. Now, well it's still kind of dim our there, but I can see the golden glow of Apollo's chariot waiting in the wings, about to make its entrance. Winter's on the lam, no doubt. --Northern Exposure
8 Comments:
Blogger Wenchy said...

I just loved reading about the squirrels.

March 04, 2006 3:12 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I was not a fan of them at first but now I can spend a lot of time just relaxing and watch all their crazy stunts. I expecially love it when they climb the telephone pole in the back of the house and just sit on top of it sunning themselves.

With how fast they chase each other from object to object, I do not understand how come they do not fall down more often then they do. I have only seen them fall twice.

March 04, 2006 3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bryan, yesterday was beautiful.
It's so nice to look outside and not see snow on the ground.
I saw in the future forecast highs in the fifties and 60's for the end of the week.
Oh gawd...lawncutting season is returning..Yuckkkkkkkkk!

March 05, 2006 10:41 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Our little corner of the world is probably near each other. I'm in Davison about 10 miles east of Flint, where are you located?

I love the squirrels, too. We're on wetland with lots of trees so we see plenty of nature. The sqirrels jump from tree to tree & boy do they ever cover a lot of territory fast!

Love your photo of the Monarch butterfly & I can't wait to see them again on my butterfly bush, etc.

btw, I've added you to my blogroll. Have a Great Day! : )

March 05, 2006 1:23 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

We are having a heat wave today. It's supposed to get up to 42F. Woo Hoo!

March 05, 2006 2:17 PM  
Blogger John C. Goacher said...

Gosh, I feel guilty - It was in the mid-70s here today - has been all week, and we went to the beach to see the early Spring Breakers in their new bikinis.

Sorry.

BAR - how about sharing the squirrel story about when you met each other turning a corner on a lunch-time street? If you don't remember it, I do...

March 05, 2006 10:11 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

You know how I feel about squirrels, lol! I missed all the niceness on Saturday. I left early and came home late. Spent the whole day inside but I had lots of fun.

It's supposed to be near 60 degrees by the end of the week!

March 06, 2006 5:44 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

It's going to be almost 65 degrees here in NY! Can ya believe it??? Finally!

When I woke up early this morning, I heard a bunch of birds chirping. That really got me excited!

Spring is here, at last! :)

March 07, 2006 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home