Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Lifes Little Reminders ... Life is Short

This weekend was interesting. I ended up going over my sisters to celebrate her birthday. Several pizzas, a salad, cake and ice cream later that turned out well. I also was able to see my niece play basketball in a tournament which is always nice to get a chance to do. I am also a proud owner of some new Girl Scout cookies.

At the same time I was also able to visit with the brother in law. On the 14th he walked off the bleachers 6 foot up in the air and landed on his back. He is still in a lot of pain and it looks like he has one or two compacted discs. Now it could have been much worse. He could have ended up paralyzed for life or even have died. So far he seems to have been lucky but we will see how this goes.

I received an email while I was in Detroit area from my friend that I went to school with. We were good friends but ended up drifting apart after high school. I ended up seeing him for my high school reunion in November but once again have not been in touch much. Anyway the email was informing me and his Dad had passed on Friday night. He had been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer 13 months ago. He went through a fair amount over the last 13 months but thankfully he was not in pain. The viewing was nice and it was nice seeing the family again. I am glad I found out and was able to attend.

Anyway, once again it is hit home how fragile life is and how short we are on this planet. You never know when you time is up.


Life is very short, and very fragile. It's easy to let it go by and suddenly find that all the things you meant to do just never got done. When you're young, you think you've got forever. But you're dead for a very long time. That's all. --The Royal
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home