Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Saturday, March 11, 2006

(Part 2 - Bagpipes)

In Michigan, or at least this part of Michigan it seems like no event and certainly no parade would be complete with bagpipes. This is the first group. I do enjoy bagpipes except when they are plaed indoors and they can be defening.


This is one of the better pictures of the bagpipers. I had more (I took about 150 pictures at the parade) but I will not bore you with it any more than I have. I thought having the drum with the name in the picture was good and I love the red hair for this shot. Kind of appropriate I think.


This guy was very classy looking. I loved how he snapped to all his moves. He was a highlight of the groups. I think I see a ring ... sorry ladies.



Hey I am only human. I thought she was cute.



The bagpipes were really fun. Nothing says a parade like bagpipes and men in skirts ... ummm, wait a minute. I think I will need to do this parade again next year. It is short, about 30 minutes. Parking is not bad and there is the theater I go to there and a resteraunt/bar that I go to sometimes near by. Yes, life is good.

(continued)


Ooh, it's been St. Patrick's Day for hours, and I'm still not drunk yet. --The Simpsons
4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! these are some awesome pictures Bryan, thanks for showing them to us..
I am a bit disturbed they are starting to celebrate the festivities so early.
Toast of the glass to ya!(wink)

ps, did anyone ever tell you that you have a wee bit of the twinkle of a lepruchan in your eyes.
tc

March 12, 2006 10:04 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you Top Cat. I think they celebrate St Pats the weekend before the event so maybe it is normal. I would imagine it would be difficult to put together a parade and close down a lot of the town in the middle of the week.

My Irish eyes are smiling Top Cat. To bad I am only Irish for a day.

March 12, 2006 11:09 AM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

I have a love hate relationship with bagpipes.... reminds me of the evil step father & the x person.. both from Scotland.

March 12, 2006 12:46 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Wow Wenchy, I am surprised you have anything to do with bagpipes at all then. My Mom absolutelyt loves them. I enjoy them myself.

March 12, 2006 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home