Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Happy St Patrick's Day (in 4 parts)

This afternoon I went to a St Patrick's Day parade in a town near by. No Michigan has not changed when St Patrick's Day is. I think they just start the celebrating early. This was my first St Pat's parade.

Some people turned out for it but then again there are only about 6000 people in this town to begin with. Probably 2/3 of the people had on some form of green. I am sure the rest had green underwear on. Here is an example of what people had on. I think I need to get one of those shaggy green things to call my very own.




Here is the mandatory shot of the banner that started the parade after the police car.



Of course what St Patrick's Day celebration would be complete without beer flowing somewhere? This ingenous parade had a bar complete with tappers as one of the floats. My kind of parade!


Here we have one of the simpler floats they had. It looks like something you could buy at Wallmart or Meijer. Since it showed a Lepricon, I just needed to include it.



This group was entertaining later that night I believe. It said The Capitol Area Blues Society on the banner in back of them. I think I need to check out where else they are playing, they were pretty good.



Editor: c-mo provided a link to Irish-American facts if you are interested. Thank you.

(continued)


Yeah, it was a few years ago on St. Patrick's Day. I was bombed on green beer, and she was as cute as a damn leprechaun. --That '80s Show
4 Comments:
Blogger C-mo said...

For Irish-American facts, check out my blog ... http://northridgebuzz.blogspot.com/2006/03/facts-for-irish-american-heritage.html

March 12, 2006 9:36 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Thanks for stopping by c-mo. Thank you so much for the link and all that information.

March 12, 2006 11:19 AM  
Blogger John C. Goacher said...

BARMAN,

I never did understand this fascination with SPD in America - it's one day, one nation, and everything over here seems to become blown into a week's celebration. Even the TV Guinness adverts refer to an SPD 'season' now. Perhaps I'm cynical because I'm English and we don't have a St. George's Day, or season, or Yorkshire pudding on every table, or....

March 15, 2006 9:54 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Gogo, I agree with you. I have enjoyed celebrating SPD in the past but it has lost at least some of the luster to me. Personally one day is plenty to me. Now about that Yorkshire pudding on every table...

March 15, 2006 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home