Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Sunday, March 26, 2006

What Did I Do?

Why did I do it? What was I thinking? Will it stop hurting?

OK, so I am so out of shape and such a wimp. All I was trying to do was a little lawn work. My lawn is not that big. It is just about 1/4 acer. So why can't I care for it without wiping myself out? OK, I know the answer. I am more than a few pounds over weight and not very active so that is the reason but wow.

I started out wanting to cut the grass and put some crabgrass killer/feed on. But did I do that? Of course not.

Instead I rented a power rake to remove thatch and then I had to pick up all the thatch. This is simular to the torture device I rented.


Luckily the power rake is not to hard to use but still it did take a bit out of me.

Next I used a sweeper to get up the thatch and that was a trip. I think it was a lot easier than raking but it still was crazy. I discovered that if I just walk along with the sweeper it would pick up the thatch but it will need me to stop after taking one or two passes across the lawn. Another one or two passes and I had to empty it into the flower bed. I then discovered that if I ran with the sweeper I could actually pick up a bunch of thatch without stopping. I still could only get about 4 passes before I had to empty it. But the bad part is running with this thing was realling wearing me out. I really need to get back to the gym.Well I had to take a break and was not able to finish the lawn before it was pitch black. I guess morning I will finish it before work and get the crabgrass killer on tomorrow evening. It feels good to be getting this done but, oh my, I so need to get back to working out.
I hope everyone had a nice weekend.


How's the yard work going boys? --Stella Shorts
8 Comments:
Blogger Wenchy said...

Which is why one has children dear Bryan... do to the cutting of grass and gardening stuff FOR YOU!

March 27, 2006 4:17 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

OMG! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying picturing you running across your yard! Too funny!

March 27, 2006 12:14 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Wenchy, now you tell me. Maybe I can adopt some neigborhood kids.

Well SG that is what I was doing. It worked but it must have looked silly, especially this morning when I picked up some more of the thatch. There was frost on the ground and I was slipping as I ran. Thank goodness I did not fall. I would never live that down.

March 27, 2006 12:33 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

I have four words for you "LAWN SERVICE" and "HEART ATTACK". Besides, when one has worked many years perfecting bodies like ours, one doesn't ruin them by getting in shape, now does one?

See you Friday!

March 27, 2006 6:49 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Busy beaver you are!

I'm close to gettin' back to bloggin' Bryan!

I miss ya!

March 27, 2006 11:27 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I'm still laughing....

March 28, 2006 8:24 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I hear you BTExpress. I have toyed with the idea of a riding lawn mower except it is such a small lawn. I could barely get one beverage down before I ran out of lawn to care for. For some reason my doctor thinks there is room for improvement.

Hi KB, I have been keeping busy and getting caught up on sleep. The good news, I had a great day at work today which had me worried as the last two days I did the same thing I did today I was plain awefull. So I think I have things back under control and I can come back too. See you around.

SG, I think I am done doing that for the year as I finished up after work yesterday. That is unless you would like me to come over and do you lawn... :)

March 28, 2006 9:06 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

I feel your pain, my brother. I do the yard work here and I'm so weary of it all I'm ready to move. We have ivy that grows wild all over the place that has to be delt with every single year. I dumped buckets of weed killer on the stuff and it still comes back. We live in the woods so we also have critters tunneling hither and yon. By the time I get one part weeded and in order 3 other parts of the yard are overgrown.

March 29, 2006 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home