Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Sunday, March 19, 2006

How I spent my weekend

Well actually I would not do that to you. It was way to boring. I did go see Firewall. It was OK but not the best movie I have seen.

My high point for the weekend, other than March Madness and being tied for first on one pool and in forth in the other ... well it involved this:


You are looking at the pump assembly of my washing machine. I took the machine apart and discovered this part was leaking like crazy. After spending a lot of time online I found the part and ordered one. I was busy ever since that time and without a washing machine. So this weekend I took the machine apart and removed the pump assembly and, after a little strugling with replacing it and a lot of cleaning up water when I was trying to make sure there was no leaking, I finally have a working washing machine. I have now put through 7 loads of laundry which is something for someone living alone.

Well here is the part that almost made me buy a new machine. Now I would love to get one, preferably one of those front loaders, but I want to do it on my own time.


Yea, lifes simple pleasures are sometimes the best. I hope your weekend went at least as well.


Oh, no! We're flooding! This damn water pump keeps going out. --Strong Medicine
10 Comments:
Blogger Wenchy said...

*ugh* Absolutely hate crap like that.

March 20, 2006 3:47 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Glad you got it fixed. It sucks not having a washing machine at home.

March 20, 2006 1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welllllll mr. tooltime, where's the pic of the toolbelt?

Nice work Bryan, it gives one great satisfaction to complete a project like this and save lots of money along the way.

Good job.
tc

March 20, 2006 4:37 PM  
Blogger mkecurler said...

Cool photos. Congrats on the pool standings. There is a link for you today on the 2006 Curling Worlds event. Debbie's Rink is doing great!

March 20, 2006 11:10 PM  
Blogger mkecurler said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

March 20, 2006 11:10 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

Good job young man. See you at the party.

March 21, 2006 12:25 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I need a handyman around my house Bryan!!!!! Sorry you had to spend the weekend trying to fix that thing--when I first saw that picture, I immediately thought, "carberator", and realized that it wasn't a car, it was a washing machine. Lovely, right? Such a girl...

Anyway, I have been trying to get into this blog--but it kept freezing up on me and then shutting down every single application I had up.

What gives? lol!

Hope you're doing well over there!

March 21, 2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Wenchy, it just feels good to have the machine available again. I had to make several visits to the laundromat while it was out of commision and I always seemed to think of needing to do laundry until after all but this one place was closed. Now if I want to do laundry at 3:30 in the morning I can. Yea.

SignGurl, I knew I did not like to go to the laundromat but I forgot just how much I disliked it. At home I can toss in a load and still get work done while it is washing. I love my machine.

Top Cat it is nice to get the project done and feels good to think I can do anything again. Of course the truth is I know which end of a crew driver to hold and which end of a hammer to hit with. If I am being honest I can do basics but I so have my limits.

March 21, 2006 4:30 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Sabatkes, I have been staying off line most of the time but I will be visiting for sure now. I can not wait to see the pictures. By the way, I think of you more than just curling. It's just that I do no know any other people that still curl so you will see me mention that more than anything. See you tonight (on your blog).

BTE, young man. It has been a while since I heard someone say that. Thanks for the smile. I look forward to meeting. With Roxi and you, and several others of course, there I am sure things should be simply great. Maybe no shopping for purses, shoes, or swords/daggers and certainly no axes but I am sure it will be something I will not soon forget.

Deb,

I read on BTExpress blog something people have done that were having problems with their blog. So I tried that. I hope things are better now. If not then maybe it is all those pictures for a little wbile ago causing me problems. Thanks for letting me know.

You know that picture sure does look like it could be under the hood of a car. I think I might have guess water pump or something with all the hoses. The picture was actually for me in case I forgot how the machine looked when I got the machine all apart. I cheated but I am mighty proud I thought to do it. I did not need it however. I am OK with things but not a real handy man by any strech. It did feel good to get this one figured out.

March 21, 2006 5:09 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Hello Mr B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 25, 2006 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home