Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

How Much Have You Traveled?

It is interesting, some people travel all the time like someone I went to High School with. Both her parents were teachers and they were always off seeing something wonderful like the one summer they went to see Alaska. Others may never leave the general area they were born in. Me, I fall somewhere in between.

Having been born, raised and living in Michigan I decided to tally where I have been. All together I have seen 19 states I believe although a few I have barely seen. I have also been to Canada many times living on the border while growing up. I have been to Europe a little seeing part of Switzerland, Germany, France, and Amsterdam back when I was in High School in the school band. Between studying music and performances while we were there I hardly saw any of these countries however.

My favorite place so far would have to be Banff in Calgary, Alberta, Canada although I bet a trip to Europe now or Alaska or Australia could change that.

So are you a world traveler or do you just play in the sandbox in your own back yard? What is the best place or places you have been?



And he calls himself a world traveler? –The Muppet Show
9 Comments:
Blogger Manny said...

I havn't traveled much.

Before I die I must see Israel.
I have to walk on that ground.

June 13, 2006 7:21 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Manny, I hope things settle down a little so you can realize your dream.

June 13, 2006 7:53 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

If you count passing through on a bus and stopping over on flights, I have been a lot of places. I'll take a count and get back to you on this. I'll tell you one place right now that I've been that very few have, and that's Midway Island in the Pacific Ocean.

June 14, 2006 12:23 AM  
Blogger Brighton said...

When I was younger I traveled all over the world with my Dad.
Now I tend to stay in my own backyard : )

June 14, 2006 3:10 PM  
Blogger barman said...

You got me on Midway Island BTE. Yes I was including even trivial stops. Oh my, I think I am up to 20. I landed in New Jersey before.

Hi Brighton. I did a little traveling with the family also. Those were fun times. Now there is somewhere I have never been, your backyard. Someday I need to add Texas to the list of states I have visited. Must avoid cockroaches however...

June 14, 2006 8:02 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Aruba was my favorite destination but Chicago is my favorite city of all I've visited.

June 14, 2006 8:21 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

So far my favorite city has been Istanbul. My favorite country is Thailand (so far), and my favorite state is Alaska.

At my age I should be spending more time in my own backyard, but I just can't get enough of travelling!! I'm off to North Korea next!!

June 15, 2006 4:23 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Chicago is a pretty fun city SG. Boy it has been to long. Aruba though, boy that sounds like fun.

Jes, so much traveling I am most impressed. If you ever need a clueless guide... I can not believe you just picked up and moved to Seoul. You have a very adventerous soul. Thank you so much for stopping by.

June 15, 2006 6:48 AM  
Blogger John C. Goacher said...

Used to travel. Still lots of places I would love to visit. But I am particularly fond of the people and cultures of the Caribbean - love St. Kitts - and New Zealand could have been home for more than the 2 years I was there.

My travels have been through living in different countries, and for now Florida is home. A trip to the local beach or park is enough of an adventure for me these days.

I would love to spend a few months in India though. Visit Kerala and learn to cook their curries in the traditional way.

June 16, 2006 12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home