Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Prelude to a Jungle; POW/MIA

I know I should have done it but I was to busy last week. I let my lawn go more than a week without cutting it. Now in the summer that is OK but in the spring, big mistake, huge.

When I bolted out of the house last Friday afternoon the grass was over due but not outragous. I figured I would just bag the grass on Tuesday when I returned from holiday.

The weekend was nice. I saw a Heritage Day parade in the town I gre up in . The parade also doubled as a Memorial Day parade. There was a float in the parade that got to me. Now I have seen this float many times before but for some reason it hit home this time.

I am enclosing three pictures. I am not going to say much and let the pictures speak for themselves. Also I am going to split this post in two because this feels like a good ending point.




[first thing the tortured Cylon POW says, sobbing] I want to die. Will you help me do that? Will you kill me, please? --Battlestar Galactica?
5 Comments:
Blogger SignGurl said...

Are you crazy man? Letting your grass get that long.

May 31, 2006 7:53 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I am crazy. I never do that but not this time. Yesterday was crazy when I cut the grass. I am posting about it later today. Today I pulled out the man eater weeds. I had about 6 foot and a half weeds and two 3 foot weeds. They must have doubled in size over the weekend. Most of the rest of the weeds are much smaller and I will deal with them this week.

May 31, 2006 8:10 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

That's some float.

May 31, 2006 8:35 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

I have a great lawn guy.
Do you want his number?
ha hahhahh ahhahha

May 31, 2006 9:02 PM  
Blogger barman said...

BTE, it struck me this time around. The rest of the parade was OK but they were throwing candy at people. One of the suckers pelted me with candy and nailed me in my ... well lets just say it hurt.

Hey me, I am thinking about it but I think the traveling change might be a little expensive. Maybe they have a sister office. hehehe

May 31, 2006 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home