Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Derby Festival Parade

Sorry it has taken so long to post the next post. Going through the 1700 pictures I took to straighten and correct all of them has been taking a lot more time than I expected. I need to remember to set the white ballance. Today we do the Parade pictures. There were over 600 pictures to try and filter down to a hand full. You can find all my pictures in the flickr on the right side of my template. If you want click on the keyword parade to see only the parade pictures.

Sorry Sign Gurl, I know you are not a parade kind of person but it had to be done. This is the Pegasus parade. It always occures on Thursday Afternoon/early evening. Here you see the main balloon for the parade. There were a lot more balloons but I always weighted to long to take a picture and, since I did not have a real wide angle lense, I never managed to get a good picture.



This parade starts at 5:00 but we usually are toward the end of the parade. It takes almost anhour for the parade to get where we usually sit. The parade itself is about two hours long I believe. They always have a marshal of the parade, lots of bands, many stars (which I will upload later), horses, floats, balloons and much, much more. It is one of the better paraes I have ever seen. Then again most things about the Kentucky Derby Festival is among the best. Thunder, the fireworks for the festival, was among the top fireworks in North America and possibly the world. While this parade is not a Macy's parade it still is wounderful.




Bands and lovely ladies are two of my favorite things about a parade. That and just people watching. I was so busy at the parade so I did not get a lot of "crowd" shots.

Well this is just a teaser. For more picture (18 I believe) check out my flickr. Later I will upload a few pictures of the stars that were in thie years parade.





OK, one last shot. This is a picture of the true heros of any parade that has horses. Here is a picture of the pooper scoopers. Having marched in many parades I know the importance of these people. Thanks for doing a much needed job.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home