Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Remembering Gilligan's Island

Do you remember the 1964 television series call Gilligan's Island? Well in the third season I believe there was a bamboo car the castaways created. I believe it was used as a taxi for the Howell's. Of course good old Gilligan was the driver. It was propelled by what else, peddle power. I wish I could find a picture to post. Anyway, why do I bring it up?

Have you ever noticed the Element, a car by Honda?



Now the above picture is not as boxy as what I have been seeing the last few weeks. Those cars so remind me of the car that Gilligan drove. So what do you think, am I nuts or what? I just had to share.

Editors note: John, thank you so much. You are right. The car I have been seeing is indeed the Scion XB (see below). That makes much more sense. Thank you.


Do you ever watch "Gilligan's Island" reruns and really, really think they're going to get off the island this time? --House, M.D.
12 Comments:
Blogger Manny said...

That is one ugly ride. ha hahha

Uh....you don't drive one of those..er do you?

I can't think of the name, but there is a newer model vehicle that looks like it is smiling.
h aha

June 06, 2006 8:16 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Where are you??????

Come out and play!!!!

Right now!!!

June 06, 2006 8:22 PM  
Blogger John C. Goacher said...

The one I see all the time that is even boxier is the Scion - don't see myself driving that around. Looks like a kid built it with an Erector Set (Meccano in UK).

June 06, 2006 8:45 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Thanks Gogo, you are so right. The car I have been seeing is the Scion. I modified my post. I wondered why the element did not look right.

Manny, my poison is a Minivan. Just as far from a muscle car however.

June 06, 2006 9:07 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Denny, that is funny. I hope that the outcome changes too at least some times. Sillym silly me.

June 06, 2006 9:08 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

UGLY!!!!!!

I love muscle cars.
I have my eye on a judge.

I think tomorrow night if it's still sitting there, I will stop and make an inquirey.
If the price is right, I may just buy it. If he let's me (or we) take it to my friend to check it out for real.
I am able to go fif eeerrrrr 10 for it. depends. Looks sweet, but looks can be deceiving.

I sure would look good driving that car.

Oh think of the possibilities. The pics.

June 06, 2006 9:41 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I just looked up the Judge, Oh my, a nice red one or orangish red ... wow, what a hot looking car. Now that would be some hot pics.

June 06, 2006 10:07 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Way hot!!!!

Super way hot!!!!!

That's the color I am looking at.

Can you send me a pic?
Will you?

June 06, 2006 10:14 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

I want that car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 06, 2006 10:29 PM  
Blogger barman said...

You got it Manny. Sorry, I don't have IM turned on so I am not hearing when I received a new message. I am just being a slacker.

June 06, 2006 11:00 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

SLACKER!!!!

That's ok. As long as you get to work on time.
hahheehehaa

June 07, 2006 7:22 AM  
Blogger barman said...

I am going to do that and mail something off to South Africa to boot (waves to Wenchy).

Oh boy, totally unrelated but my electric line leading to my house is filled with little birds. What makes it interesting is they are kind of small and only their heads are very red, the rest is rather dull shades of brown. I think some cardinal has been fooling around on the side with sparrows.

June 07, 2006 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home