Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, June 09, 2006

Some Times You Just Have to be Free

What an awesome day again today at lunch time. My boss asked that I meet him and his son across town so they can drop their cars off to get the stereo's exchanged between the vehicles. Well I started out and headed for the expressway the goes through town. I could head out of town fast on that sucker.

Well the sun was shining, the temperature was nice and it all felt so nice. I hit the buttons to lower the driver and passanger side rindows at least some. The air through my freshly cut hair ... well maybe it was just the air wipping around and everything else put together I made a wrong turn. I was in the left lane, not the right lane. I was heading South bound and down. As soon as I hit the curve I knew I was in trouble.

I followed the curve around and joined the other expressway. Now I am not one to ever use the emergency turn arounds so I had some driving to do. My first exit would have taken me to Lara's neck of the woods. Of course that would of been over 2 hours of driving but still. Also it would have been forever before I could turn around.

So I continued up the expresway. Now I think I was heading to Ohio. Oh I could have some fun there. Oh Crabby, Manny.... I ended up taking the next exit, pulled a quick as possible turn around at the truck stop and headed back north. This little detour cost me 8 miles and it todays gas prices probably like $75 but I will survive.

I pulled into the audio place and they were not ready to be picked up yet so no probs.

Well the rest of the lunch went uneventful. I was treated to a chinese buffet (I really should not go to those kind of places) and then back to work.

Now after work was much less uneventful. To avoid the 15 minutes of rush hour where I live I stayed off the expressway and instead took some semi-major surface streets. Eventually I was driving through the country to somewhat before getting back to that store. But I have to tell you something. I had that urge all over again. I could have kept going and maybe, just maybe went to visit ... Chicago. I guess I just was ina traveling kind of mood today. Why did I waste a day like that on work?

You know, Cohen... your two hands on the wheel, and the wind blowing through your hair... you actually looked kinda hot. --The O.C.
7 Comments:
Blogger Manny said...

Hi sweetie,

Are you around?

June 10, 2006 6:46 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

I think your time is wrong.

June 10, 2006 6:47 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I am hiding. Actually I am looking at putting together a deck project to replace what I have. I have my computer time off by almost a week but I would not think you could see that. Other than that I think it is OK.

June 10, 2006 6:49 PM  
Blogger jungle jane said...

you should have followed the curve barman. you would have ended up in australia. we could have gone out, had a blast and talked about beans. i am disappointed barman. i had heaps of beer and peanuts. i ended up drinking ALL the beer and now i have a hangover.

oh well. all in a day's work, eh?

oh and i adore your long hair - its really cute...don't chop it in future - chicks love long hair - we do.

June 11, 2006 6:26 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Jane, that is where the curve lead? Why did I turn around? That would have been to much fun. You could have shown me how to do that beer trick. Too much fun.

June 11, 2006 7:16 AM  
Blogger mkecurler said...

My hubby keeps brining the Detroit Free papers home and I'm getting jealous of all the cool places to eat, drink and be seen! Have you been to Sloe's BBQ? My hubby goes there at least twice a month!

June 11, 2006 10:47 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Your long hair looks like mine in the back only mine doesn't do the duck tail thing like it's supposed to.

You could have followed the curve down 127 S and helped me at work. We could use some help.

June 12, 2006 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home