Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, August 14, 2006

Butt...

I knew I was old. Now I guess it's time you did too.

The other day I was at a local ice cream shop. I had ordered something and was standing off to the side watching things be made. What did I see. I saw a girls butt. She had on almost respectable shorts but that was not the problem. Her shorts had ER! on thr right cheek.


OK, so I sat there wondering what the heck her shorts said. I must have spent 2 minutes trying to see but she was just turned the wrong away. Eventually she did turn around and I saw CHE. So it said CHE ER! or CHEER!

Here is what upset me a little. Did I realy have any business starying at her butt to being with? She was not even legal for heaven sakes. Even though I do happen to pay attention to that particular part of ones anatomy, if there was no writing on her back side of her shorts I would have noticed and moved on.

What is even more disturbing is I have seen much younger girls wearing the same thing. I mean pre teens. What on earth or these girls Mom's thinking? I mean it is bad enough when there is writing on the shirt right over the breasts. Come on, people know what they are doing when they design these. They do this to draw your attention.

Now I am not stupid. I do not get drawn to these young girls. Heck there are lots of 20 somethings out there if that is what I am interested in. But there are others out there that find that attractive. Why would you want to put your daughter in potential danger like that?


OK, maybe I am weird. Well, I know I am weird but this just does not seem like a good idea. Parents should pay more attention to what theit children are wearing. Also schools should not be promoting this sort of dress. Of course this is just my opinion but I just don't know.


How does someone just start drooling? Chase? Were you wearing your short shorts? --House, M.D.
7 Comments:
Blogger Suze said...

Bryan, I know exactly what you mean. The same thoughts have entered my head from time to time.

The girls over here are now wearing bras with inserts to increase their cleavage size and they are only just out of training bras.

August 14, 2006 2:24 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

*shakes head* Not my girls!

August 14, 2006 5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You aren't weird Bryan or old and I agree with what you're saying.

Those girls probably thought you were a dirty old man because you were staring at her butt and I know you are from being like that.

Pop culture is partially responsible for this because kids wear stuff like this to be cool and accepted by their classmates.
tc

August 14, 2006 5:27 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

Its terrible to know that these girls wear this stuff and think it's a ok to wear. I mean come on whats the next step for some pervert? Yep you have it Rape!!!!!! When my daughter was young I wouldnt even let her see the move Dirty dancing because I thought it would give her ideas, course now I watch it and I wonder was I wrong not to let her see that movie when she was young? I dont believe I made the wrong decision at the time but she thinks I was totally off my rocker. I unlike a lot of other moms checked my daughter for what she was wearing and most of the time she listened if I vetoed it. Only a few times did she go against me. Now she wears what ever she wants but every now and then I'll look at her and say are you sure you want to wear that? Sometimes she changes and others she says yeah Im old enough now mom.

August 14, 2006 8:42 PM  
Blogger John C. Goacher said...

My wife works as a pre-school teacher. A few weeks ago, a parent (who works at Hooters), dressed her 4 year old daughter in a shirt emblazened with "Hooters Girl in Training".

What a role model, eh?

Now I have nothing against Hooters - heck they were founded just down the road from here in Clearwater, and the staff have always been friendly, but if you're looking for good food and drink, go somewhere else.

Perhaps we should make our statements on paper or by voice, not for the unsuspecting world to see. People have this notion that such displays are 'cute'. Not to me. But then, I know that I'm an old fart.

Sithee

August 14, 2006 8:50 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Suze, quite a few years back I was going past a high school (seeing a band-a-rama performance actually) and I was amazed at what the high school girls looked like. Now we had some good lookers back when I was in school but nothing like this. Times sure did change.

Good for you Sign Gurl, good for you.

Thanks TC. I am not dirty old man but not in this case. If I had been caught looking (funny thing is I really was not paying attention to what I was doing) I would have turned beet red and probably have left. I never even thought about that.

Gab, all you can do is your best and hope they will learn from that. After a while it is all up to them and I bet they will do just fine.

Gogo, I like hooters. I enjoy the wings and some beer to go with it. Of course bw3 is probably better but I enjoy the outfits too. But I am not sure Hooters Girl in training sounds like such a good idea to me either. A person has to make a living and I do not look down on someone that is a hooters waitress (actually I try not to look down on anyone) but I think some things should not be shared with your children until they are older.

August 14, 2006 10:34 PM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

Bryan I feel exactly the same way. My daughter is almost 2 and you can get I will be monitering her clothing, I don't like those shorts/sweats with words on the butt and I don't like the t-shirts with smartass/suggestive sayings on them. They are just not approprirate. I want my little girl to remain a little girl for as long as she can. The world is a tough enough place without growing up too fast.

August 15, 2006 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home