Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, August 04, 2006

Spring Cleaning

Today was spring cleaning time. Now right about now you are probably thing, Spring cleaning, it is summer (or Winter if you are in the southern hemisphere). Well it was basically like spring cleaning.

I have been working on a project at work that has taken more time than it should. I really wanted to get this one complete. Well yesterday was my big day and I finished most of the testing I need to do. So now, what to do?

In anywhere between 2 weeks and 2 months we will be making a temporary move at work. We will be there about 2 weeks and then we move back. What is going on is they are replacing the cubicles, replacing the carpet, and touching up the walls and painting, We have been in the same place for at least 10 years. Where I am I think it is more like 14 years so they decided something needed to be done.

Over the 17 plus years I have worked at the same place I have accumulated a lot of junk. Paper work that is no longer needed. Books that are so outdated. Trinkets and other little things that I never put out any more. Flower vases, a stereo, coffee mugs, water cups, Phone books, tea, first aid stuff, aspirins, ... you name it. So now is the perfect time to go through everything.

I did this many months ago and reduced the number of books and binders and the like that we had from 3 book cases, a filing cabinet and a flip down to one bookcase. Today I cut that in half and you will be proud, I pulled the pages out of the books so I could recycle the pages.

Next I started to go threw my paperwork and tossed a bunch of that and am working on organizing what is left. So far I packed up 3 boxes of stuff I should be able to do without for a while. I will have a box of personal stuff or things that I do not want broken or lost that I will pack when it is time and then another that, again when it is time, it will contain all my active things that I need to keep available the whole time. I would say about another day and I will be finished.

But what I discovered was I was in a good mood. You know where you are going through something and you think, should I keep this or should I pitch it. Almost all of my decisions where to pitch it out. So I thought, my house could use a complete cleaning. So it would appear that this weekend I will get my yard in order (needs a cut, trim and weed job bad) and then concentrate on my house. I think I will start with removing everything in the kitchen, wash it and the shelves and reorganize every thing. Who knows what is next... maybe my JUNK CLOSET! Oh nooooo Mr Bill...

Additional note: Nothing to do with this post but I just had to share. I went out to a chinese restraunt for dinner. When I was about to leave they gave me the traditional fortune cookie although this was nothing traditional about it. It said "Come back later... I am sleeping. (yes cookies need their sleep, too)" Also I saw something cute on the ride home. It was a bicycle built for two but what it actually was is a regular bike with a bike attached, at the seat, that a small kid could ride. Gold old Dad had his 5 or 6 year old out with him and he had a maybe a 2 year old on the bar up by the handle bars. Maybe I am sappy tonight but, awww.

It is time to clean house! Total... spring... cleaning --The People Under the Stairs
9 Comments:
Blogger Manny said...

Barman when you get finished you can come here and get started on mine.

August 04, 2006 7:25 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Manny, that is assuming I ever finish. Arg!

August 04, 2006 8:35 PM  
Blogger CP said...

Awwwwwww. You sound like a pre-partum woman who is nesting! *L*

CP.

August 04, 2006 9:50 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

I dont have an office persay but my home office could use a good cleaning. Hubby took me out to eat tonight.....And we made it home just in time...for both of us!lol He got to be first.

August 04, 2006 10:08 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhh ah ah ah ah

I have new.

August 04, 2006 10:14 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

My garage sure could use a man' touch.

August 05, 2006 6:35 AM  
Blogger barman said...

CP, nesting ... me? That would explain the straw though.

Gab, we can always need more cleaning. I have probably 14 boxes of stuff that I packed over 17 years ago and most of them I have never opened since. Now those I need to sort and PITCH! Hope you are feeling better.

I saw you Manny. I was a little occupied yesterday. Sabatkes was going a program on radio (First Friday of the month, every other month) and I was tuned in over the Internet and trying to record it. I was afraid to do much else with my computer.

August 05, 2006 6:37 AM  
Blogger Manny said...

Let me guess...The site of my garage chased you away too? LMAO

August 05, 2006 7:01 AM  
Blogger barman said...

No silly... I had my eyes closed and I kept saying I CAN'T SEE YOU over and over again.

August 05, 2006 7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home