Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Growl

What ever you do, please don't feed me. But I am so hungry. Must ... have ... something.

Lets take a trip in the way back machine shall we.

A week or so ago I got this form to take with and get a blood work up done. No biggy, I am not thrilled about the needles but I do OK with them. But here is the problem. I needed to fast and not even drink anything, not even water, before the test. I never remember. I would always eat or more likely drink something. Well yesterday, yesterday was different.

With it going to be like a 1000 degrees out I made sure to bring a lite lunch with me. No going out for me. Since it was so lite I decided to supplement it with something from the snack shop in the building but still, that was not much at all.

Well after work I did not do anything for dinner at first and then it happened. What was that you might ask? (I will just pretend you asked, OK) I turned on the computer. I ended up chatting with a couple of people and helping Gab with her blog. Next thing I know it is way to late to eat dinner and then it dawned on me. I just fasted. I didn't even have anything to drink. Yea but oh my I am hungry. By the way, thanks Gab.

Now for the tricky part. I had a bag of chips sitting around. There was very little left in the bottom of the bag. I ate them. But when did I eat them? Do I go in? Don't I go in? I think I am going to go for it. I know I thought about the blood test for a while. It must have been before 9:00 pm that I had that snack without realizing it. It had to be, right?

Well time to get ready so I can go visit the vampires so they can draw some blood and send me on my way. And then, AND THEN...

Steak and eggs, pancakes, water, waffles, coffee, home fries, omelets, orange juice, umm... just give me one of everything and please keep my water filled. Now if only I could get my tummy to be quiet until then.


Phil: Yeah, three cheeseburgers, two large fries, two chocolate shakes and a large coke.
Ralph: [to Phil] And some flapjacks.
Phil: [to Cop] Too early for flapjacks?--Groundhog Day
9 Comments:
Blogger Suze said...

I have never done one of these but I can certainly empathise.

Denny you naughty guy, you will ge false results with the sugar floating around in your blood. :)

Don't give yourself indegestion afterwards. You missed out the ice cream. ;)

August 01, 2006 9:50 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

Glad I could be of some help. hope the chips dont spoil your test. I too hate needles and dread any trip tp the doctors when I know there will be needles involved. good luck and happy eating afterwards.

August 01, 2006 10:24 AM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

I feel your pain, I don't do well with fasting and I hate any medical tests. Ugh.

August 01, 2006 11:19 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Good news, I survived. I had the tatooed lady vampire draw the blood. I had her before. She is somewhat funny and does a good job.

I was late to work however so I had to settle for a snack. Look out lunch time.

August 01, 2006 11:26 AM  
Blogger Crabby said...

I have one of these coming up. It's 12 hours without food or drink, right? I figure I sleep for 7 ...that leaves 5 hours!

Nope. I can't do it.

August 01, 2006 5:00 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Crabs, lets see. Sleep for 7 and sex for the other 5. Now that makes that a lot easier. Well, maybe not. 5 hours would be exausting and you would miss the test.

How about after the test you have breakfast at your fave beakfast type place followed by a cone with sprinkles. Consider yourself bribed.

August 01, 2006 5:35 PM  
Blogger indiansfan said...

barman, I'm glad you made it thru the test and got to eat. Me, I don't mind needles but not drinking or eating (especially the drinking) for 12 hours really sucks!! I spent 8 days in the hospital one time with continuous IVs and Vampires stopping by at 4 am for their fix so I got used to needles real fast. It was that or lose my mind. I can't afford to lose that! It gets me home every night! LOL

August 01, 2006 5:58 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

They tell me I can have coffee w/o cream or sugar. I always opt for un sweetend green tea. Gurrrr!

Squirrel always makes me promise not to bully the techs....

This one time at band camp...I asked one if she had any leftover lunch she wanted to share with me and to my suprise she said yes. She and i are still friends to this day. LMAO. True story. I am there so often I have made friends with quite a few. They see my name and food is waiting for me after my tests. Coffee too>

August 01, 2006 9:47 PM  
Blogger barman said...

IndiansFan, just make sure that you always do things the same way. Drive to work and back the same, the store the same, etc. That way when you lose your mind, you know where to look. I don't mind the needles. As a matter of fact I watched her put it in. No biggy and I didn't even pass out.

Manny, I have seen two of the people many, many times. The guy that was there this time was new to me. Maybe they melted the other one. They did not have air yesterday.

They can be decent but they are in a hurry to get you out the door. I do trust them big time. Once I went to the doctor the day after I had my test. He had results and I asked about a thyroid test. He decided it would be good so he sent me back to them. They had me strapped in and were all set to draw blood and the person keeping all the records up to date said STOP RIGHT NOW. I had no idea what was going on but she did a little checking, made a call and said they could just tack the test onto what they did the day before so I was free to go. I think that was going beyound the call of duty. I just do not like the 12 hours of no food or drink even though I am asleep durring part of it. I likes my water.

August 01, 2006 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home