Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The WABAC Machine

I thought I would post a couple of pictures of me since I think someone has asked. Now I do not do pictures, I take pictures and they are rarely of me. So I have very few pictures of me. I thought I would get out the WABAC machine (Mr Peabody's WayBack machine) for a couple of pictures.

Back in 1999 I decided that I should go on a diet and diet I did. It took me a long time but by October of 2000 I had lost over 100 pounds. That is the good news. Now for the bad news. Since I lost my weight so fast one side affect was I developed gall bladder stones and the gall bladder had to come out and not the simple operation either. The other piece of bad news is I ended up depressed. How could you be depressed about losing all that weight? Well I was and I ended up puting all the weight back on.

In the mean time however, my brother was married. That is part of why I lost all the weight. These pictures are from me when I was at about the lightest I got. The first one is outside of the church. The second picture is me dancing with the person I stood up with in the wedding. That second picture was horrible. I did all I could with Elements but it sure did not do her any favors. She was actually very pretty, something you could not tell here.



Well time to close up the WABAC machine. I hope you enjoyed the brief trip back in time.


Could not find a good quote for Peabody's Improbable History. Just found this where
a show ended with Mr. Peabody telling some awful pun like Sir Isaac Newton's brother, Fig being responsible for the Fig Newton
13 Comments:
Blogger mkecurler said...

I can relate to this. I showed my co workers my wedding photos a few months ago. They said things like- "you were that skinny"? Oh did I cry!


So I'm back on the loss wagon. I've set a date of 12/25/06 to see how much I can lose. Wisconsin cheese has not been good to me!

August 15, 2006 11:42 PM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

You looked great Bryan. Glad you have some pics. Weight is something I struggle with daily. It usually wins though *sigh*

August 16, 2006 8:49 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

Thats me too denny...I cringe when I look at how skinny I was back in the day. Back to you Barman....wow you look good. who knew right? Yeah yeah I know your not there now but hey you were and you look great and we know it has been done but hey the weight is what it is. We either have it or dont. I have it....a lot of it.....more than I want in fact!!!!!!!! But on the other hand it makes me who I am. not what I want to be of course but who I am and I am me!lol

August 16, 2006 10:36 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

Bryan, thanks for sharing with us. It's difficult to loose and keep the weight off but your happiness is the most important thing.

No good being thin and unhappy. *hugs*

August 16, 2006 10:58 AM  
Blogger Roxi said...

damn bryan!!

You looked really wonderful..

Hopefully this diet goes just as well except for the surgury and depression ..

If you need to have someone cheer you up at ANY time..

Give me a holla!

August 16, 2006 3:17 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Very nice Barman. Cool pics.

August 16, 2006 5:23 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Bryan, I too, as you know can relate. Can I just say that I think you look wonderful both ways. I think you look much more huggable now though ;)

August 16, 2006 7:57 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

Man, you looked great. But after meeting you, I think you look good now too. I lost a lot of weight years ago on Weight Watchers and put it all back on, and then some, when I went back to my old eating (and drinking)habits. I think the main reason I strayed was I stopped going to the meetings. I keep saying I'll loose weight again, but just can't seem to get going.

August 17, 2006 1:44 PM  
Blogger CP said...

You know, I don't think weight should rule anyones world.

I was substantially thinner in my 20's and I was a miserable woman. Now, 50 pounds heavier and two weeks away from 40, I am the happiest i have ever been.

I'm actually comfortable in my (big) skin because people love me for the person I am. And, I am still beautiful, regardless...inside and out. There's just more of me to love.

I wish everyone had my self-esteem though. I realize I am the exception, not the rule.

CP.

August 17, 2006 3:21 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Stole your pic but sadly, your head might be too small to use. Blast! do you have a bigger head?

You look really different but you know what? I think you're just as cute now. Seriously, you have the best smile I ever saw. Thin isn't everything. I know it's what everybody seems to strive for but for me, it's healthy and happy first. And most important thing any guy could have in my book, is a good sense of humor.

PS. I came before but didn't see the post because I hadn't hit refresh. what is up with blogger lately?

August 17, 2006 3:30 PM  
Blogger indiansfan said...

Barman, you looked great then, but you look great now. And the happiness is obvious with your pic on your blog. Of course, if you are faking it you are doing a great job! LOL You were right to stop dieting if it depressed you. Depression is an awful thing to live with. Believe me, I know, and my motto is "better living with chemistry". Hugs!

August 17, 2006 8:42 PM  
Blogger John C. Goacher said...

As someone who watched your transition in person back then, let's add that the moustache came off and now the glasses are gone. This blog is the last of the makeover to reveal the Bryan we all know today.

August 17, 2006 10:01 PM  
Blogger ohc said...

Hey, it is all about your soul and spirit! And that you have! Listen to cp! She is right on! I wish I had figured this all out when I was much younger. Thanks for sharing! Huge hugs!

August 19, 2006 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home