Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Thursday, December 28, 2006

XMas MIA

It’s about time I do an update here.

Christmas went well. My sister celebrates with our family on one day and his family on the other day. This year was Christmas Eve for us. We ate a bit of ordervies, did some taking, some more munching and more talking and finally had dinner. After dinner and teasing my niece about not opening the presents since she was making such a big deal of it. (Imagine that, an 11 year old wanting to open presents) we sat down for the big moment.

Everyone did pretty well. I ended up with a shredder. Yea, no more junk mail. I hate to throw anything away that has my address in it so I tend to shred it instead. I also got a couple of Peanut items (one can never have to much peanuts). I also had people help me get a flash for my camera. Oh and I got an Uncle book from my niece. I did OK considering I was expecting a lump of coal.

I also picked up a piece of exercise equipment, an elliptical trainer, to help me with losing weight and just being active in general. The workout already started. The unit weighs about 250 pounds and I mossed it in by myself. I really hate to ask people for help if I can avoid it. Now I have to put it together. There are like 1,000 parts. Good thing I have a 4 day weekend.

Work has been crazy as we always have lots to do at the end of the year. Planning on training some new people that will be starting at the beginning of the year will prove to be much more challenging than expected. It should be a busy 3 weeks.

We have an impromptu pot luck tomorrow at work, I think. I never did see if anyone else was bringing in anything. Oh well, no one can accuse me of not being a team player.

I found out tonight that I do not have any plans for the new year. Oh well, it will keep me from munching on things I should not munch on. Speaking of which I ended up gaining a little of the last week and for the week I am up a half pound. However, I am down 12 pounds over the holidays. I think that is a big success. I have a long way to go but I am happy to make it through the holidays.

Oh one last thing. I found out my best friends son is getting married. They were on and then off but not quit broke up, now they are back on. I am excited for them. That and I really like the bride to be to. She has always been super to me. But that is not the reason I am most excited. I have the camera, a decent lens, a nice flash... I can’t wait to take pictures, not that I am the photographer but I love to take pictures. It works well, I take candid pictures, the hired photographers usually take posed pictures, required pictures. You know, bridal dance, cutting cake, toast, caring the bride out the door, etc. I do that but also the aunts and uncles and friends and anyone having a good time. Sure wish I had a wedding coming up before the end of June so I could practice. Anyone getting married?


I want you, Mallory! I want you! I can take you with one brain tied behind my back! –Family Ties.
13 Comments:
Blogger Manny said...

Happy New Year!

Don't get discouraged by the half pound. If you are working out, remember muscle wieghs more than fat. I used to get hung up on what the scales were saying, but not anymore.

You think your niece was anxious to get to opening gift's. You should have seen Crab.Jeez! That one is just a big kid I tell you.

I'm not doing anything over New Years either. I never do. Squirrel and I will no doubt eat and then maybe see a movie.

December 29, 2006 6:47 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Actually I am happy. What I have lost so far is a bonus as I have not gotten real serious about this yet. I will use my long weekend to get my new torture machine set up and get the exercise going and set my resolve and goals.

Wow, a movie. Now that sounds like a great idea. I might just have to see if there is anything good on.

December 29, 2006 8:14 AM  
Blogger Manny said...

I want to see the new Christmas horror movie, but I don't remember the name. Do you know?

December 29, 2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger Manny said...

It came out on Christmas day, I think.

December 29, 2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger Manny said...

btw, I made Christmas wreaths and decorated them with the beads you sent me. Thanks again, you're the bestestest.

December 29, 2006 9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to see you had a good Christmas....some how I knew you would.

I have been saying how I'm going on this diet soon (which I never do) and that I want to loose the 45 extra pounds I've put on in the last 2 years, and Bob bought me "The Biggest Looser" cookbook from that show. It's really cool and I was happy to get it. I really do plan on using it alot since Bob and I both gained about 20 pounds just in the last 4 months...sheesh...anyway.....

sorry to see you don't have any New Years plans. I'm happy to say that Bob and I will be spending alot of "quality" time together this weekend since he has a 3 (possibly 4)day weekend!!!!

Take care Bryan and have a Happy New Year....go crash a party somewhere...lol.

December 29, 2006 5:02 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

I have a secret!

December 29, 2006 5:16 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Manny, I think this is the movie you are looking for. By the way, I am not a real fan of the IMDB rating of movies but they only rated this one a 4.3 out of 10.

--------------------------------------

Plot Summary for Black Christmas (2006)

A remake of the 1974 horror movie Black Christmas. The movie tells the story about Billy, a young boy who was abused by his mother as a child. While his mother was cheating on Billy's father, she eventually killed his father and kept Billy in the attic - for good, while she was with her lover and starting a "new" family. As Billy's mother fell pregnant with a daughter and treated her with love, which Billy had never experienced with his mother, Billy came out of the attic after years and brutally murdered his mother and her lover. Cut to present day, a group of eight sorority sisters consisting of Kelli (Katie Cassidy), Dana (Lacey Chabert), Lauren (Crystal Lowe), Megan (Jessica Harmon), Claire (Leela Savasta), Heather (Mary Elizabeth Winstead), Megan (Jessica Harmon) and Melissa (Michelle Trachtenberg) and their house mother (Andrea Martin),who now live in Billy's childhood home, find themselves being harassed by threatening and intimidating mystery phone-calls during Christmas Break and as one of the girls goes missing, the girls begin being murdered one by one by no other than Billy...

-----------------------------------

Also Known As:
Black X-Mas (USA) (promotional abbreviation)
MPAA: Rated R for strong horror violence and gore, sexuality, nudity and language.
Runtime: 84 min
Country: Canada / USA
Language: English
Color: Color

December 29, 2006 5:39 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Manny, good to see the beads put to good use. So you make wreaths, how nice. I have never tried that.

OK, do you want to share this secret. You have my email and my IM if you do not want to do that here Manny. I think I will be home tonight. It depends if this one package that is in the area driving around is delivered to me of if I have to go pick it up.

December 29, 2006 5:42 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Jan I try to look for the good in things. It does not always work but I think I am happier because of it.

You can do a diet, no sweat especially if Bob does it with you. I am sure you already know but just eat healthy and keep the proportions down to normal serving sizes and you will do OK.

What I am trying now has me eating smaller meals 6 times a day. The plus is it your blood sugar stays much more even, there are no sugar highs and lows, the crash after the high is what causes you to get hungry. Also it helps keep your matabolism higher then your typical starvation diet.

Regardless what you do, good luck. I do not really have the answers but if you ever want to talk just let me know.

December 29, 2006 5:51 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Well, Frosty didn't kill anyone did he?

Thanks bry, you're the best.

December 30, 2006 8:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just wanted to stop by and wish you a safe and happy new year, Bryan!

Good luck with the diet too!
I know how hard dieting can be. I've done it thousands of times! LOL.

Cheers.

December 30, 2006 11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Years! Enjoy the new torture machine.I love my shredder. Although right after I got mine they came out with a tabletop cheaper and does the same as my big expensive one. Oh well.

December 30, 2006 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home