Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, December 11, 2006

Deja Vue

Yesterday I decided to go see a movie. I Checked my favorite cheap movie house and saw that there was a movie playing staring Denzel Washington. Now I don't know about you but I have this short list of actors and actresses that, when I see they are in a movie, chances are I will love the movie. Well Denzel is on my list.

The name of the movie is Deja Vue. Now most people are probably not living in a whole somewhere like me and already knew of this movie. Not me, this is the first I knew of it. The Internet Movie Database rated it a 7.1 but I really do not believe their ratings as I have seen some other pretty goog things rated down and other stupid things rated up. Besides, what makes a movie great to me may very well ruin a movie for you anyway.


Denzel plays an ATF agent in New Orleans that ends up investigating a terrorist event where an explsion on board a ferry kills over 500 people. Now just as someone trying to peace everything together this could have been fun but they had to toss in a few twists. One person that left a comment on IMDB wrote in part " deja vu has everything: sci-fi, action, adventure, drama, romance, thriller, mystery, etc" They are right. I loved it and I thought the acting was great.

Now if you go into this and try and poke holes in the story, you can but if you just go in a try to enjoy it you will enjoy it. Altough it is rated PG-13 it is not exactly a family video as some PG-13 movies can be. It says rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and terror, disturbing images and some sensuality.

Now if you love Denzel like I do you will enjoy this movie. I think it is at least worthy of renting it if not actually seeing it at the movies. I am glad I saw it.


Well, change businesses. Ooh, wow, total deja vu. --Gilmore Girls
8 Comments:
Blogger GAB said...

Well good thing daughter is member of Net-Flixs so I can have her put this on her list of movies for us to see. I'll have to see if I can get her to bump it up to next on the list.

December 11, 2006 10:40 AM  
Blogger Rhea said...

There is a gigantic billboard in my neighborhood (in Boston) advertising this film. Thanks for giving me the lowdown on it.
Rhea
The Boomer Chronicles

December 11, 2006 3:48 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

I love Denzel......I think the movie looks good.

December 11, 2006 5:39 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Denzel is on my list of favs too. I could listen to that man talk all day long. Anything that came out of his mouth would sound like gold.

I never poke holes in a movie. I just like to sit down and enjoy it....or sometimes not. But overall Bob and I are both pretty easily entertained. LOL!

December 11, 2006 6:05 PM  
Blogger S said...

I must be living in ahole, I have never head of this movie!
Barman, I am off to INdia for a month..I wanted to come by and wish you a lovely holiday!
Take care and stay away from that fruitcake! LOL

You can do it!
XX

December 11, 2006 10:30 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Denny, as long as people do not dislike Denzel, I think they will enjoy the movie.

Gab it is still in the theater so it will be a little while until it makes it to next flix. Do see it then however.

Rhea I tried. I always hate to say to much because I do not want to spoil it but it was different than anything I have seen so that was nice.

Chrissie, good idea on the DVD. There is enough going on that I do not think denzel will detract a lot from the movie for you.

Kristen I think it is good but I am biased. Maybe we all could rent the movie when it comes out and have movie night. I will bring the popcorn.

Well then it is settled Crabbs, the movie was ment for you.

Misstress, have a safe trip to India and enjoy yourself. I will look for you online.

That is awesome Yushio. I can not wait for it to hit pay per view. I want to record this one. I could see me watching it again.

December 12, 2006 8:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm surprised you saw this at a cheap theatre. This is playing right now in our first run theatres. I have not seen it, but heard it is very good.

Like you, I never pay any attention to reviews. If you like something and deride pleasure from it, that's all that's important.

Enjoy your day, Bryan.

December 13, 2006 10:25 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Carol the theater I go to is in a small town (about 6,000 people). They only show one movie per week. Typically the movie they show is about 2 to 3 weeks old when they get them. I can handle that for the discount I get. The popcorn and pop is cheaper too ... of course being on a diet I should not be doing that now. Darn.

December 13, 2006 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home