Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Time For a Change

Some times you just need to go with what life hands you. Yesterday I ended up talking with a few fellow bloggers through email. Part of the conversation was about diet and exercise. They also each provided me with a link to a website for additional information or service. Now this was not solicited but they both, on their own, did this for me.

I am of the belief that things happen for a reason. I once was unjustly fired from a job (at least I think it was unjustly) but none the less, here I was without a job. It was devastating to me and I took probably two years to fully recover from this. In the end, however, it was a dead end job. It was working on dead end technology. They really did not pay attention to me what things they needed to do to improve things. There was not much of anything I could walk away from that job and add to a resume that would help me land another job. The one good thing that came from that job was a few contacts that eventually help me land my next job. In this case I think getting fired helped me move my career along.

So here I am being presented with some very good information. And each person, in their own way, provided me with a little extra pep that I needed to get the much needed diet and exercise going. I think I needed to take advantage of this and get things going. So it would appear New Years will be coming early for me as well this year.

So to Lara and SignGurl, thank you so much my friends. You both have provided me with an inspiration. The rest is up to me.


Look, mum. All you've got to do is eat less and take a bit of exercise. –Absolutely Fabulous
8 Comments:
Blogger GAB said...

Well You didnt talk to me yesterday but Im behind you 100%. And guess what? With signgurl and a friend of mine that I knew from years back and we just started talking again I too am doing something. Yea!

November 30, 2006 8:44 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Go Bryan!! It has to come from the inside but you are right about following the signs.

November 30, 2006 11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barman, all advice is good advice if you follow it!! Once you decide to take that big step( and that step is called resolve) the rest is easy. Especially when you start feeling better physically and about yourself. It sounds like you have a great support group..you deserve it!

November 30, 2006 11:30 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

Oh good luck.....dieting is so hard and I think making yourself excercise is even harder.

You can do this....

November 30, 2006 12:33 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

My vice is smoking. Not the good stuff either. LOL You can do it sweetie. I believe in you.

I got fired from my very first good job. I guess I wasn't suppose to tell a mean customer to kiss my happy ass. LMAO It was OK though because I landed a way better job with better benefits and pay.

November 30, 2006 5:31 PM  
Blogger S said...

Hey barman, Well I have lost 35 pounds this year, but I am not the expert here...I am the human YOYO...
All my adult life my weight has fluctuated between 170-125...I know, thats a big difference! Seems like its a 3 or four year cycle....

But here's what I did...I loved Dr Pepper...I would drink it all day, and not eat food. My sis in law taught me that my metabolism was asleep..how could it work with NO calories but Soda carbs and sugar?

So, the first thing I did was quit the Dr Pepper and switch to Diet Coke. Then I begged Mr Ratburn to help me by not having a huge loaf of sourdough bread every night at dinner...(this is San Francisco afterall)....and we started cooking a lot more stir fry veggies and chicken and salads and not so much pasta, bread and pizza...So I guess it was the carbs.

Now, Im not suggesting you go out and become a diet coke addict like me. I am an addict, and it's always something. Now, I cannot stop losing weight.....I know Im a sick f**k.......

But today, on the eve of my 46th birthday, I am 35 pounds lighter than my 45th birthday, and I like it alot!

You can do it! Just eliminate ONE thing at a time!

XXXX All the best!

November 30, 2006 7:51 PM  
Blogger S said...

Oh yeah, and besides, after you lose, and I find it back :P....I will be coming over here to have you remind me how I did it!

Then you can tell me how it's done!

You just keep on visualizing and want it!

December 01, 2006 12:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bryan I also believe things happen for a reason, we just have to look at the positive side of a negative situation, that usually helps for me.
I wish you the best in your quest to improve your lifestyle.
I'm a big believer in taking small steps when dieting, that way your body and mind become accustomed to the change gradually.

good luck buddy
tc

December 03, 2006 7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home