Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Wasn't that a Party?

Could have been the whiskey, might have been the gin.
Could have been three or four six-packs,
I don't know, but look at the mess I'm in,
My head is like a football, I think I'm gonna die,
Tell me, me oh me oh my,
Wasn't that a party?


Thank you Tom Paxton for Wasn’t that a Party. It so fits in here.

First I had a Saturday Photo Hunt entry to do. Plush, what the heck is plush anyway. So off to the store to get something plush but not just anything. It had to be a Snoopy. I love Snoopy. The only other thing it could have been was a Woodstock but I could not find one of those.




My Saturday was of course filled with the Michigan vs Ohio State football great rivalry. Here you see me and my partners in crime. What a great game despite the fact that Ohio was the better team and won. Guess what, there is always next year and chances are good Michigan will win then when Ohio comes up to the big house. I will always love this game, always. Thank you Woody and Bo for making this rivalry into what it is today.







That takes us to my Sunday. When I was younger I would have bounced back much better but not now. I must have had 6 or 7 22 ounce beers on Saturday. I was not drinking water with the beer. I was a mess on Sunday.




Now I did not have a headache but I felt terrible all day. I say my partner in crime, Crabcake, was in about the same shape. Now we have never met but we have bonded, Now I am not trying to take Milkmaid’s place. Actually I am hopping she will not mind letting me tag along. I think the two of them could be trouble and I could just fit right in. Anyway it sounds like her celebration down where she lives was a wild one too. Good, she needed that.

Now let me end this on a fun note. Here are three more pictures from Silver Bells. Do you remember the Grinch that Stole Christmas? Well the Lansing Fire Department did up a fire engine like the sled the Grinch rode in. Of course up front we had Max (I think) pulling this impossibly big sled.




And then in back we had the sled and the Grinch.




I was so enjoying the way they decorated that I first was unable to get a good picture of the Grinch and second I stopped taking pictures. The sled looked great and in back they were releasing smoke periodically and they had two what looked like bullet heaters running full boar with flames shooting out the end. Why oh why did I not get a picture of that? They did such a wonderful job.

So there you have it, my weekend. I hope you have a nice weekend too.


I am getting to old for this shit –Stripes
6 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as you didn't hurl, it was OK..( you didn't did you?)

November 21, 2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

Sounds like you had a good time there Bryan. Next time get some pictures so we can all enjoy it. lol

November 21, 2006 2:30 PM  
Blogger barman said...

g-man, no hurling involved. Thank goodness it has been a long time since I did that.

Suze I could have allowed them to take the camera into the bathroom but I really don't want to see what they would do with it being digital and all. I figured I would make up for the usual lack of pictures is all. I should just pace myself better however.

November 21, 2006 2:52 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

Great pics why didnt you include the one that you showed me yesterday from the newspaper? That one was awesome! Hows the garage coming?

November 21, 2006 3:39 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Gab, no garage today. I had a higher priority item that I worked on instead. I will blog about it tonight. Garage will never get done. I could probably have left a link to the picture but I did not feel right just out and out copying it especially with the copyright notice. I will add a link to the post.

Chrissie, It was fun. Oh and it was fireworks, Christmas and Disney, sort of. Doesn't Disney have those electric light parades. I hope you enjoyed what little I could share. The funny thing is I live not to far away and this is the first time I have seen all the big events.

November 21, 2006 5:38 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

I can believe you got sick after drinking a few beers. Just do what old BTE does to stay in drinking shape; practice, practice, practice and then practice some more. You'll never be able to keep up with Lori and me when you come here next summer if you don't get in shape.

PS
Lori doesn't have a sister, she has one brother. Sorry. :-(

November 21, 2006 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home