Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Kowabunga Dude

I had the day off yesterday and made a lot of headway on my garage. At last the wall is repaired. I still have plenty of cleaning to do but at least the hard part is done.

This morning before I got anything else done I put this bar out at the curb and put a free sign on it. Part way through the day I heard a lot of racket coming from the lawn. What the h*ll was that? It turns out it was a couple of skateboarders. They had taken the counter top off the bar and were trying it out to see if they could use it as a jump. They were excited as it looked like it was going to work out for them perfectly.

Now at first I really wanted to chase them off. I mean with the top gone the chance of me getting rid of the rest of the bar is slim but still, I did say FREE. Heck, I look at it I made some ones day. Last check the bar was still there. I probably will need to cut it up and hall it away. Oh well, at least I am finally getting rid of it so I can organize the garage.

Oh I pulled a Tim Allen today while working on the wall. Now I managed to skin a knuckle and was a real klutz but that was not the Tool Time moment. I had a stud that was not fitting into place properly so what did I do? I picked up a big hammer and wacked it.

WacK, WACK, wacK

and then I missed the board and hit myself in the mouth. What a fool. Just call me Tim. Now I have a small cut on the inside and outside of my lower lip and I have a nice fat lip. I think it has already went down some. Thank goodness, it looks like I went a few rounds with someone and lost.

I have today off also but I think I will try doing something a little more safe. Maybe I will even take in a movie. I hear Borat is suppose to be irreverent and a riot.

Oh and one last thing in the form of a PSA. This morning I heard that today over hear in the United States it is the Great American Smokeout.


My country send me to United States to make movie-film. Please, come and see my film. If it not success, I will be execute. --Borat
10 Comments:
Blogger Crabby said...

Go check out what I drove today! I'M SO EXCITED! I love this bad boy! I want one sooooo bad.

PS. I've hit myself in the mouth lots of times when I'm doing DIYs. Ya get used to after awhile. LOL!

November 16, 2006 2:52 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I will check it out as soon as I type this. I can not wait. By the way, I want a Bob Cat ... such much fun, so many uses.

Oh no, yet another thing we share. I think we realy are related.

November 16, 2006 2:58 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Oh my Chrissie, I can not believe it. My blog deleted one of my comments. I know I made a comment and it is gone. Caught you blogger!!!

I would have loved to get that on video myself. I was all contorted and was totally suprised when I ended up slipping off and hitting myself in the mouth, The look on my face must have been priseless. Americas Funniest Videos for sure.

November 16, 2006 4:59 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

Tool Time Hammer Tip #47 - Never swing a hammer in the direction of ones face. Swinging away is the recommended direction.

PS
I still can't figure out how you did that.

November 16, 2006 6:05 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Are you working at all before the end of the year, lol?

November 16, 2006 6:06 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Tony, I have no idea either. I just know that after I did it I just kept saying stupid, stupid, stupid... I think what I was doing was trying to knock a brace loose that I had wedged in place to hold the new stud to the existing stud. It was warped and I was tring to take some of the warp out. I think I was hitting the board upwards to nock it loose and slipped and pow. I say I think because I do not remember for sure.

Hi Sign I am taking days off here and there. I have 5 more days to take off before the end of the year. I hope to take Monday and Tuesday and the following Monday so I will be close.

November 16, 2006 7:43 PM  
Blogger Brighton said...

I will not be smoking today, though I guess that doesn't count for anything because I don't smoke.
Enjoy the movie!

November 16, 2006 8:04 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Brighton, glad you do not smoke. I will not give a person that does smoke a hard time but it just is so unhealthy. It is a shame that more people would not quit.

The movie was OK but not what it was hiped up to be. Truthfully I would have been more happy with a Disney movie.

November 16, 2006 8:56 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

Sorry I missed that one soone. LMAO!!!!!!!!
And I thought I only did things like that but hey Im a girl whats your excuse? (Snicker) lol

November 17, 2006 6:54 AM  
Blogger barman said...

My excuse is I was in an ackwierd position. In reality it was just me being stupid I guess. Since I did not get seriously hurt ... I think it was pretty funny myself.

November 17, 2006 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home