Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day

I heard this on the radio this morning while I was pondering what to write about today. It turns out that today is Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day. Apparently they have a day for everything now.

When I was trying to look this up I found a site that went a little further and today was also National American Teddy Bear Day and National Young Reader’s Day. Teddy Bear, now that is cute. National Young Reader's Day, what a great thing to encourage. But what is this loosen up, lighten up day? All I could seem to find was this one sentence in a newspaper that said "We are asked to recognize the joy and therapy of laughter. Perhaps we should do that every day."

Oh man, I could have used this yesterday. Normally my phone does not ring very much but not yesterday. From the moment I showed up to work it just would not quit. My partner in crime was laughing at me. See we both support the same thing at work and usually he is the one getting all the phone calls but not yesterday. Finally things slowed down when it was time to go home.

Gee I wonder what would happen if I were to tell the boss or the bosses boss to loosen up? At least today I can say hey it's a celebration, really it is. Somehow I don't think that would be a good idea.

Oh no, I best think about cutting this short. I forgot, for as bad as yesterday was for me, the person I was dealing with at the other end of the phone during most of it was having an even worse day. At one point she answered the phone, "Welcome to my Day from Hell." That is so unlike her. I think I need to make a stop and pick up a treat for them.

On a closing note, the one site I found also said that this Pursuit of Happiness Week and Split Pea Soup week. I want and day... I wan't it.


Some people feel more comfortable in hell. --24
6 Comments:
Blogger GAB said...

well depending on where Chrissie is I would buy a car from her. But anyways Happy Lighten up day. and all the rest too. LOL I hate when I have days like that. SOme days here at home the phone never rings then other days we answer "Grand Central Station" they are so quiet on the other end and then very questionally they will ask for me like they are afraid they really called grand central station somehow. LMAO! Have a good day

November 14, 2006 10:10 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Chrissie, to bad you are all the way out west or I might have bought a car from you earlier this year. Oh well. Hopefully you will be so busy you have to beat them off with a stick ... well, not really but you know what I mean.

Gab, the day was not to bad. She enjoyed the cookies I dropped off today and she fixed the last of the problems this morning so my day has been going well and hers has been even better. Everyone wins. Hey at least yesterday flew by.

November 14, 2006 12:51 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

A treat! That would be way cool.

November 14, 2006 5:16 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Manny I got her (and her cowokers) a bag of big cookies. It was from the Great Harvest Bread Company. Something called Turtle which is Caramel, Chocolate Chip, and pecans (I believe). She was happy to get it and said it was her favorite. So that is one good deed done for the day. Just for that I am taking the next two days off.

November 14, 2006 6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great idea, joy and laughter.
I think you do a great job of spreading this everyday Bryan..uh but not sure the bosses would appreciate it..lol
tc

November 14, 2006 6:37 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

I think I need a new teddy bear to celebrate today

November 14, 2006 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home