Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Thursday, November 02, 2006

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

As I play hooky from work again today (got to use those vacation days) I look out the picture window into the back yard and see snow flakes ... SNOW FLAKES. What are snow flakes doing blowing around here? Now it is not accumulating anywhere but still snow?

Next weekend I believe they bring in the state Christmas tree. I have always been curious to see then set it up. They probably do it real early in the morning on a Saturday. I am so tempted to show up and watch them do it. I think it could be interesting to watch and take a few pictures. Of course I think hot chocolate might be called for.

So why is the tree being set up so early? Why Lansing has an activity every year called Silver Bells in the City. SignGurl wrote about this last year and I stumbled across her because of it. She had such a lovely post about it too and some nice pictures. She had to leave early before they lit the tree because, I am assuming #1 daughter, had a performance at the local community college. So I showed up one night about midnight and about froze but I got some nice pictures of the tree that Sign later posted.

Silver Bells will never be the same again. Regardless if we ever meet up at a Silver Bell celebration, even though we did not meet at that celebration, for me it will always bring back memories of how we met online and eventually became friends.


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Ev'rywhere you go;
Take a look in the five and ten glistening once again
With candy canes and silver lanes aglow.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Toys in ev'ry store
But the prettiest sight to see is the holly that will be
On your own front door.

A pair of hopalong boots and a pistol that shoots
Is the wish of Barney and Ben;
Dolls that will talk and will go for a walk
Is the hope of Janice and Jen;
And Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Ev'rywhere you go;
There's a tree in the Grand Hotel, one in the park as well,
The sturdy kind that doesn't mind the snow.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas;
Soon the bells will start,
And the thing that will make them ring is the carol that you sing
Right within your heart. --Johnny Mathis Lyrics (It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas)
5 Comments:
Blogger GAB said...

and here I thought the choice of song would be silver bells!

November 02, 2006 3:08 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

TOO SOON! WAY TOO SOON TO EVEN THINK ABOUT CHRISTMAS!

November 02, 2006 4:33 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

When is it? Where is it? Squirrel and I might could come.

November 02, 2006 5:37 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

Bah Humbug........I'm so not in the mood yet for Christmas......I'll get there, just gimme time

November 02, 2006 6:55 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Silver Bells could have been it but I was just noticing the snow too and Silver Bells, at least up here, is always a week before Thanksgiving ... Well you probably are right Gab.

Tony, Actually I am only thinking about two things. First Silver Bells since it happens on November 17 (2 weeks). Second I want to start thinking about Christmas Cards because if I do not get them out before Thanksgiving then I will not get them out.

Manny it is in the capitol of Michigan, Lansing which is about 260 miles, just over 4 hours away for you. It is 2 weeks from Friday. Instead I could just promise to take lots of pictures and share.

Kristen, I am not into Christmas at this point either but Silver Bells just comes up a little early and it is a fun thing to do. To bad you and the kids were not in the area then as everyone would enjoy it.

November 02, 2006 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home