Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Time to Fall Back

Well it is time most likely if you observe Daylight Savings Time and if you are in the Northern Hemisphere. I do not know but I would assume the Southern Hemisphere just might be springing forward. Here is a Wikapidia article about Daylight Savings Time.


The time you are suppose to set the time back is 2:00 AM on Sunday but most people just set it back before they go to sleep.

In the Wikipedia article above it mentioned something new. Now normally, at least here in the United States, Daylight Savings starts on the First Sunday in April and ends on the Last Sunday in October. Well all that changes next year. In an effort to save more electricity the United States will start make a change next year. Starting in 2007, Daylight Savings starts the second Sunday in March and ends the first Sunday in November. That will buy us 4 to 5 extra weeks of Daylight Saving Time depending on how many Sundays there are in March. Personally I just wish they would do away with Daylight Savings Time all together. There are studies that prove that this changing of time has a negative impact on people.

Enjoy your extra hour of sleep.


Uh... that Daylight Savings Time is over, Sir? --Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
4 Comments:
Blogger Manny said...

If anything would be a negative, it would be spring when you lose an hour. The fall should help by gaining one back.

The only real bummer is going to work when it's dark, and getting home after dark. I get off way early now, so i should still see some daylight.

October 29, 2006 5:57 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

Im one of those who take about 2 weeks to get used to the "new" Hour either lose or gain.

October 29, 2006 8:14 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

Im one of those who take about 2 weeks to get used to the "new" Hour either lose or gain.

October 29, 2006 8:14 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Manny I seem to have trouble with daylight savings on both ends for some reason. That really is not nice when the lack of daylight thing happens. In January if I am really fast I can manage to see a quick glimpse of sunlight when I get out of sun but that is only if I hurry.

Gab normally it takes me a while but this time may be easier. I have not been feeling the best so I have been going to sleep early. I cna not seem to stay up much beyond 10:00 PM any more.

October 30, 2006 7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home